Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trillukarl is offline New Member
    This is from an Icelandic webpage stevegym.net.
    It is Benedikt´s training partner Stefán Sölvi who posted this in english on another forum
    He is young and very strong.

DEADLIFT PROGRAM

Week A
    Deadlift warm up to about 80%
    80% 8setx2reps
    Platform deadlift about 3-4inch high
    Train with weights from 40-70%
    4-6set x 4reps Speed!
    Then go down to about 40-50% 2setx8reps

Week B
    Deadlift. Work up to 3rep max.
    With weights from 50-75%
    4-6set x 3-5reps Speed
    Then go down to about 50% for 2setsx8reps

Week C
    Jeff Jet Method Deadlift ( This is hard to write down )
    When you do Jeff Jet Method deadlift you start by doing a rack pull. Then your training partners take the rack away and you go down and then up! Then your partners put the rack back in! The rep starts up by your thighs then you go down and up again ( I hope you get it )
    A guy from America told us about this. His name is Jeff Jet. We started doing this because pretty much everything me and Benedikt can pull up we can do more reps! So we thought this would be a great way to do work with much more weight to shock the body! It worked!

Jeff Jet Method Deadlift - Go up in 1-3reps max ( Do what the day allows!! )
    4set x 4-6reps with weights from 50-60%

We train deadlift every week. The last 3 or 4 workouts before a meet we just do regular deadlift off the floor and work in singles. We never go heavier than the starting weight at the meet though. Remember the day of the meet is the day you want to be the strongest!

Stefán Sölvi
    Iceland
    Last edited by Trillukarl; 12-07-2005 at 06:32 PM.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    didnt know that. Damn. I guess powerlifting is one of those sports where you can keep at it at a older age.
    also you have top take in account the new equipment may be giving these guys bigger numbers. it may be true that if these cats had the same equipment a few year sback they could have done alot more damage to the records. truth ism these guys have longer carrers becaue the equipment hold them togehter for a few years extra, if they were raw lifters they would be shot by 35, hell i am 30 and have been a raw lifter most of my life and i feel the pain every day! when i throw on the equipment i feel like i am brand new, no pain and ten times stronger!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information