RJstrong is offline Senior Member

APF Southern States... Results

Well I fell short of my ultimate goal of breaking 2200 but I was close... one lift away... next time!
    Squat: 865
    Bench: 600
    Deadlift: 722
    Total: 2188
    I went 8/9 missing my 3rd attempt at bench (622) I had plenty of strength just got out of my groove a bit at the top and it floated backwards on me. My total was enough to place second behind a great lifter (best lifter of the meet) Dondell Blue... what a class guy and what a privilege to lift against. I have to say this was a hell of a meet. I think 3 lifters squatted 1100+ including a 20 year old phenom Scott Weech (totaled deep into 2400). Gary Franks, Tony Conyers, Beau Moore where a few of the big name guys there... Southern States baby just gets better every year!!!
    Last edited by RJstrong; 12-05-2005 at 07:24 AM.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    did you use the rage shirt? what did frank do? damm that weech guy is a f'n force!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    did you use the rage shirt? what did frank do? damm that weech guy is a f'n force!!!!
    ya I ended up using the rage for all 3 attempts... it was working really well, my speed on the bench was on... I think my speed actually hurt me on my third attempt at 622... once the bar started to drift I couldn't recover. Actually the only one of the 3 that lifted was Beau Moore and I think he totaled 2075 (+) or (-) raw. the other guys all brought lifters to the meet and were coaching... but it's still cool to see the top dogs show up and support our wonderful sport... we all appreciate that! Weech is the man... I mean freaky strong and just getting stronger... I've lifted with him at this meet the past 3 years and the kid is just amazing and a real down to earth... no doubt in my opinion the future of the sport!

by the way as far as the APF goes (and this could be in general across the board) Scott Weech was the first teenager to squat 900... and 1000 (a couple days after his 20th bday) at 20 1100 (and I have to admit it looked like he had more in him)... remember his name you will hear more from him.
    Last edited by RJstrong; 12-06-2005 at 01:02 PM.

beau morre is always lifting raw anymore. i saw that at the apf gulf state meeet he was raw as well, he squated about 750 raw, huge difference from the equiped 1100 squats he has done. this is why i hte the equipment, look at the difference betwen those numbers. i wish it was all raw anymore, the equipment does too much of the work

OldPLer is offline Associate Member
    Congrats, anytime you go 8 for 9 it is a great meet. You are the man, great lifts.. Way to go Bro

Quote Originally Posted by OldPLer
    Congrats, anytime you go 8 for 9 it is a great meet. You are the man, great lifts.. Way to go Bro
    Thanks... I really appreciate the kind words... the hard work paid off... now back to the drawing board and setting my sights on Senior Nationals... but for now I think I'm gonna just enjoy my week off from training...

f'k take 2 weeks to your self!

not a bad idea... that's what I did after Sr. Nationals... but I felt a lot more beat up after that meet... I adjusted my training a bit because of that so I actually took more rest and deloaded much better for Southern states... and I feel a hundred times better for it! So since I don't feel so beat up I was thinking one week off and finish out the month without even touching a bar... just go in get a pump and use mainly machines... then come Jan. it's back to business.

take the wk off completely!!! the machines don't do crap!!! if you are going to lift, do the core lifts just go real light like 35% and do multipleset with low reps.like you were deloading. it realy is up to you, but iamtelling you an extra wk away from the gym after a big meet never hurt anyone, it onlyhelps you come back more motivated

I took your advice and took off 2 weeks. I am now in the start of my 2nd week back... talk about getting sore... considering I trained only 3 times in a month, 4 if you count the day of the contest... I suppose this soreness is normal... other then that I have to admit the body feels great and the joint pain is all healed. It's going to be 2 weeks off from here on out after a contest... good call Doc!

Thread Information