Thread: Rage X ??

Bigbench is offline New Member

Rage X ??

I have a Rage X I like it and I was wondering about the double Rage X.Just wanting to know anyones exp. with the double Rage X ???...( before I invested in one)

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    whats the difference?

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    the double rage x is two layers of hardcore material as opposed to one... I will be testing mine out on thur. I will let you know how it goes... here is a quick list of how I ordered mine:
    double layered
    grid stitched
    2 in. off the arm length
    open back w/velcro

Hey RJstrong, let me know how it goes.....Also who did you order yours from?? (Inzer or someone else).....How long did it take ??..thks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbench
    Hey RJstrong, let me know how it goes.....Also who did you order yours from?? (Inzer or someone else).....How long did it take ??..thks
    not a problem I will keep you posted... I ordered thru inzer... approx. 10 days.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    tell me how it compares to the denim

Rage X first impression

today I tested out the rage x... and loved it. I started with a 3 board press with 405 (touched surprisingly easy) then moved on to 455 2 board press (another easy touch) then to 500 full range (no touch but close). at this point I was shocked at how easy the weights came down and talk about spring... no doubt the explosion was there. So I decided to go for it and loaded 575 touched no problem and pressed it easy then on to 600 and had the same result... I would have to say I'm excited about this result and am really looking forward to this meet. I liked the feel of the rage overall and I am now a believer... it gives more than a denim which allowed me to stay in a much better groove and it literally made me feel spring loaded making every press feel almost too easy (by the way the push it gave me felt good all the way thru the lift as opposed to mainly just the bottom with denim)... a stopped and played conservative as the meet is only 2 1/2 weeks away but there is no doubt I had more in me!

- GAL -->

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbench
    First off thanks... you know I wish I had the answer for you... but this is my first try in a rage x... all my experience has been in an inzer double denim... however, I have a feeling with your prior experience you will love the double and most likely hit bigger numbers... good luck shopping... I know I'm not disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by RJstrong
    First off thanks... you know I wish I had the answer for you... but this is my first try in a rage x... all my experience has been in an inzer double denim... however, I have a feeling with your prior experience you will love the double and most likely hit bigger numbers... good luck shopping... I know I'm not disappointed.
    rj have you ever tried a canvas shirt? damn, how much more are you getting out of the rage as compared to the denim? how much was the shirt total with the modiifcations and one more time, what did you get modified an d why?

power65 is offline Associate Member
    RJ- congrats on the progress!!!!!!! Sounds like you've found some thing really good. I was just wondering some thing and you seem like the person to ask. You said you had them shorten the sleeve by two inches. Do you think this takes away from the shirt any?? I sounds like your numbers are awesome, but I was told that you lose some of the power out of the bottom if the shirt sleeve doesn't come to the elbow to give you the "Lock" effect on the arm. What do you think. I would really appreciate your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    rj have you ever tried a canvas shirt? damn, how much more are you getting out of the rage as compared to the denim? how much was the shirt total with the modiifcations and one more time, what did you get modified an d why?
    hey doc... sorry about the delay, as I just returned from a mini-vacation... no I have not tried the canvas... and I have actually hit a 665 in training with my denim however it seems to be hit or miss with me and most likely will be a 3rd attempt shirt in the future... but in my new rage I have a great 1st and second attempt shirt... but who knows I did feel like I had plenty more in me... I really haven't truly maxed out in the rage X... total cost was about $230-240 (that includes overnight shipping)... I actually sized my shirt 2 sizes larger than inzer's chart suggested (they said 50 I ordered a 54) I did that in hopes of having a snug fit rather than a tight bomb out fit... I took 2 inches off the sleeves because the sleeves come entirely too long in my opinion and even at that the shirt sleeves can still reach over the elbows... open back with velcro (just a personal preference)... grid stitched (helps with integrity of shirt in particular a blow out)... double ply (because I lift in the APF )... I hope this helps answer some of your questions... on a side note 3 other partners of mine are having some issues with their rage and from what I can tell they just ordered it a bit too tight.

Quote Originally Posted by power65
    RJ- congrats on the progress!!!!!!! Sounds like you've found some thing really good. I was just wondering some thing and you seem like the person to ask. You said you had them shorten the sleeve by two inches. Do you think this takes away from the shirt any?? I sounds like your numbers are awesome, but I was told that you lose some of the power out of the bottom if the shirt sleeve doesn't come to the elbow to give you the "Lock" effect on the arm. What do you think. I would really appreciate your opinion.
    thanks power65 now I just have to put it all together on Dec. 4... actually I think 2 inches is the perfect amount... my sleeves come out right over my elbows and I still have to work them back to make it legal (so imagine 2 more inches in length)... actually I was able to try on a partners 54 with normal sleeves and I gave up fighting with it trying to get it past my elbows... so with me lucking out and getting the fit I needed I finally felt what everyone (that I have talked with about the rage x) has been telling me about... the extra push that it gives you thru the entire range of motion... another little side note... when I tried on my rage I thought for sure I wasn't going to be able to break it in for the meet and figured it would take 635+ to touch... however to my surprise the material was more forgiving than I thought and next thing you know my entire game plan has changed... and I think for the better!

Quote Originally Posted by RJstrong
    hey doc... sorry about the delay, as I just returned from a mini-vacation... no I have not tried the canvas... and I have actually hit a 665 in training with my denim however it seems to be hit or miss with me and most likely will be a 3rd attempt shirt in the future... but in my new rage I have a great 1st and second attempt shirt... but who knows I did feel like I had plenty more in me... I really haven't truly maxed out in the rage X... total cost was about $230-240 (that includes overnight shipping)... I actually sized my shirt 2 sizes larger than inzer's chart suggested (they said 50 I ordered a 54) I did that in hopes of having a snug fit rather than a tight bomb out fit... I took 2 inches off the sleeves because the sleeves come entirely too long in my opinion and even at that the shirt sleeves can still reach over the elbows... open back with velcro (just a personal preference)... grid stitched (helps with integrity of shirt in particular a blow out)... double ply (because I lift in the APF )... I hope this helps answer some of your questions... on a side note 3 other partners of mine are having some issues with their rage and from what I can tell they just ordered it a bit too tight.
    so what you are saying is the denim thenis more powerful than the rage/ or are they close/ you wouldn't recomend the rage as a 3rd attempt shirt/ i have to figure out which one gives you the most rage or denim. did you get a scoop neck cut? if it is regula does the shirt ever choke you?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    so what you are saying is the denim thenis more powerful than the rage/ or are they close/ you wouldn't recomend the rage as a 3rd attempt shirt/ i have to figure out which one gives you the most rage or denim. did you get a scoop neck cut? if it is regula does the shirt ever choke you?
    honestly I think they are really close... with the rage giving you more push at lock out... I think the thing I did right with this shirt is simply size it correctly... with my denim I cant touch until around 650 with my rage I touched with 575 (and I will try 550 on thur.) and 600 easy and pressed them both with out a problem... the beauty of the rage is I know I have more in me... how much more is the question... although I have hit bigger numbers in my denim I feel like I can hit close to the same in my rage and be more confident that I will nail them... sh*t I'm starting to think I may open and finish with the rage... No I didn't get the neck cut... and it didn't choke me out the other day.

power65 is offline Associate Member
    RJStrong-
    Thank you so much for anwering my questions. You made some really great points. About 6 months ago I too tried a single ply Rage X but I just couldn't get it to work. I honestly think the shirt was just too tight. I should have ordered up like you did. But the main problem I was having was on the sleeves. I'm serious. My training pratner's hands were very sore for about two weeks from trying to help me get the dang shirt on because the sleeves were too tight. My arms are bigger than what they should be compared to my chest. I'm just out of proportion. I just naturally have big arms. Any rate....I know I can't trade in the shirt because I have used it twice, but maybe I can have them take a couple of inches off of the sleeves or put bigger sleeeves on the shirt. I will give Inzer a call today and see what they tell me. Thank you for your input.

• Thread Information