Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 43
  1. #1
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223

    Question Anyone interested in a powerlifting forum

    How big is the interest for a powerlifting forum and would it be possible to add one????

    I think it would be a great thing to have a powerlifting forum here on AR and I most defenetly would be interested in it, we seems to have a couple of westside guys to and I bet they also would love it. And I know I could probably get atleast one very knowlegable powerlifter here incase we start a powerlifting forum.

    SO what do you guys say, how many is interested in it??

  2. #2
    SUPERDAVE's Avatar
    SUPERDAVE is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    chained to a squat rack
    Posts
    198
    i would definitely be interested in a powerlifting forum!

  3. #3
    jbrand's Avatar
    jbrand is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    760

    Re: Anyone interested in a powerlifting forum

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by johan
    How big is the interest for a powerlifting forum and would it be possible to add one????

    I think it would be a great thing to have a powerlifting forum here on AR and I most defenetly would be interested in it, we seems to have a couple of westside guys to and I bet they also would love it. And I know I could probably get atleast one very knowlegable powerlifter here incase we start a powerlifting forum.

    SO what do you guys say, how many is interested in it??
    [/UOTE]

    Absolutely.

  4. #4
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Count me in too ! Jason are you listening

  5. #5
    xxxl83 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    long island new york
    Posts
    1,355
    Johan whats up you know I'd like to see a powerlifting forum here on AR
    it would be a great addition to an already great board. I've got a few other members in mind who will most likely agree.

    xxxl83

  6. #6
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Originally posted by xxxl83
    Johan whats up you know I'd like to see a powerlifting forum here on AR
    it would be a great addition to an already great board. I've got a few other members in mind who will most likely agree.

    xxxl83
    Yeah I was counting on your support :-)

    Btw how did it go with that aol instant messanger thing?? I downloaded it but I dont remeber if I pmed you my nick name lol

  7. #7
    xxxl83 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    long island new york
    Posts
    1,355
    yes you did pm me your name I got it down,
    I hope we could get the proper support to start a powerlifting forum here
    I believe the more people that get educated about powerlifting, the more people will get involved.

  8. #8
    samoth's Avatar
    samoth is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Kadath
    Posts
    678
    Agreed!! Good idea!

  9. #9
    Neo's Avatar
    Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,291
    Definitely.....Count me in....

  10. #10
    PTbyJason's Avatar
    PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    70,179
    I'm listening. If this thread continues to grow from new members posting in support of it, I will, of course, add it.

  11. #11
    PaPaPumP's Avatar
    PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Outside your bedroom wind
    Posts
    4,470
    IMO...it would be a great idea to add on to the board. I personally would not be interested, but there I'm sure A LOT of p-l'ers here, and I support them 100%.

  12. #12
    TNT's Avatar
    TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic U.S.
    Posts
    1,413

    Cool For those in the know . . .

    Is anyone aware of a powerlifting forum on any of the other boards, and if so, how much traffic do they get?

    (This is not necessarily a criterion, but a point of curiosity. When we started the Over 30 forum, there was only one other board that had a similar one - the Over 35 forum at bodybuilding.com. And, IMHO, we outdid that one within a mater of weeks in terms of both quantity and quality.)

    As for me, I think we should have a Recovering Transgenered French-Canadian Cardio Forum. (Not really, but it's the only thing I could think of on the spur of the moment.)

  13. #13
    xxxl83 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    long island new york
    Posts
    1,355
    Obviously powerlifters have different goals than BB do but, they may also have concerns about AS related to powerlifting as a sport. A forum for powerlifters would only make AR a better and more complete board. I don't think anyother board has a powerlifting forum but, that's only another reason to add one.(It's better to be a leader than a follower).The powerlifters on AR support the BBers I think it's only fair we get our support from the BBers.

  14. #14
    EXCESS's Avatar
    EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    4,450
    I'm personally not interested, but I think its worth a try.

  15. #15
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Jason, 8 members who would definately be contributors, have already voiced an opinion, and I'm sure several more if they see the thread would too. I think BigKev has knowledge in the sport and would pop-in from time to time with help, and BigSus (LittleGirl's hubby) is also a Pl'er.

    I think that it would even attract some Pl'ers that maybe just lurk these days to finally post and might also attract a few more from the outside who might hear about it from another site

    Why not give it a try ?

  16. #16
    PTbyJason's Avatar
    PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    70,179
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    Why not give it a try ?
    Originally posted by PTbyJason
    If this thread continues to grow from new members posting in support of it, I will, of course, add it.
    I need more than 8 definitive members to justify a forum. You saw the Over 30 forum. I made sure I had plenty of people interested before I created it. More than likely, it will be created soon, but I have to be convinced that if I make a new board it will be active. Let's let this run for a few days or *gasp* maybe even more than a week. We have had this board open since August and never had a powerlifting board before, it won't hurt anything to make sure we have enough interest to justify putting up a new board.

    Patience Canes, patience.

  17. #17
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by PTbyJason

    Patience Canes, patience.
    Yeah, I know I'm impatient right now, about everything . BigGunz flys in Friday night for 10 days and I can't wait to see him.

  18. #18
    anabolicmyo is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    100
    Id also be active with this forum, just like A.S. I noticed most people have no idea of proper technique for lifting heavy. We may save someones back.Are atleast add a few pounds.

    -anabolicmyo

  19. #19
    xxxl83 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    long island new york
    Posts
    1,355
    BUMP

  20. #20
    Kaz's Avatar
    Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    661
    Originally posted by anabolicmyo
    Id also be active with this forum, just like A.S. I noticed most people have no idea of proper technique for lifting heavy. We may save someones back.Are atleast add a few pounds.

    -anabolicmyo
    Excellent point - Interested in powerlifting or not you should learn good technique before you go heavy.

    I would probably try to contribute here and there - I say lets give it a go if enough are interested.

  21. #21
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by Kaz


    Excellent point - Interested in powerlifting or not you should learn good technique before you go heavy.

    I would probably try to contribute here and there - I say lets give it a go if enough are interested.
    Yea !!! to you Kaz, help us get the forum bro !

  22. #22
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Bumping

  23. #23
    03733+$'s Avatar
    03733+$ is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    I'm in here with the rest of YOU!
    Posts
    422
    I would definatly be interested as well!



    -037

  24. #24
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223

    Re: For those in the know . . .

    Originally posted by TNT
    Is anyone aware of a powerlifting forum on any of the other boards, and if so, how much traffic do they get?

    (This is not necessarily a criterion, but a point of curiosity. When we started the Over 30 forum, there was only one other board that had a similar one - the Over 35 forum at bodybuilding.com. And, IMHO, we outdid that one within a mater of weeks in terms of both quantity and quality.)

    As for me, I think we should have a Recovering Transgenered French-Canadian Cardio Forum. (Not really, but it's the only thing I could think of on the spur of the moment.)
    probb.com has a good powerlifting board and BnB and Big Muthas. I think BnB has the most succesfull powerlifting board but the one on professionalbodybuilding.com is also pretty succesfull.

  25. #25
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    And not to forget the powerlifting board on anabolex.

  26. #26
    xxxl83 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    long island new york
    Posts
    1,355
    bump

  27. #27
    chris245 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    b.c,canada
    Posts
    86
    hell yeah, a powerlifting board would be f'n great! i'm in

  28. #28
    ironmike7000's Avatar
    ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    335
    I think it would be a great idea. I usually incorporate some powerlifting into my workouts during the winter months.

  29. #29
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Bumping to keep this on top.

  30. #30
    Nate_Dog's Avatar
    Nate_Dog is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    OZ
    Posts
    765
    Jason.. excellent idea.

    I am have have a good knowledge on BB. But not enough in PL. I would love the thread.

    Also it would help get the board away form so much sauce based talk and more into Lifting.. which is where it should be. IMO.

    Look forward to the idea.

  31. #31
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    BUMP

  32. #32
    Vegas Kid's Avatar
    Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,100
    I have to agree with those that want the pl forum!! It seems that lately there has been a growing concern regarding pl'ing and it would be nice to have it all organized in one area. As for people agreeing to it all you have to look at is the number of responses and interest given to the Westside training threads.

  33. #33
    Ermantroudt's Avatar
    Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Up in the D
    Posts
    351
    I would really enjoy a powerlifting forum.

    Ermantroudt

  34. #34
    CrazyRussian's Avatar
    CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    California
    Posts
    324
    Its got my vote!

  35. #35
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    BUMP

  36. #36
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    BUMP, come on people.

  37. #37
    xxxl83 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    long island new york
    Posts
    1,355
    A powerlifting forum would be a big plus for AR.
    Back in the day there were no bodybuilers, there were only strongmen we've all seen the pictures of all the great old strength feats. Thats where all this started with strength athletes.There wouldn't be so many questions about how can I gain size and strength if AR members had a forum to research some type of alternative training (powerlifting). Look at all the great BBers who started out as powerlifters.
    Even AS started out with olympic lifters, do some research on the history of AS, weight lifters either olympic or power had alot to do with the way AS are used for performance enhancement in sport today.
    Give this powerlifting Forum a chance and I'm sure it will grow into a very useful tool.

    xxxl83

  38. #38
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Originally posted by xxxl83
    A powerlifting forum would be a big plus for AR.
    Back in the day there were no bodybuilers, there were only strongmen we've all seen the pictures of all the great old strength feats. Thats where all this started with strength athletes.There wouldn't be so many questions about how can I gain size and strength if AR members had a forum to research some type of alternative training (powerlifting). Look at all the great BBers who started out as powerlifters.
    Even AS started out with olympic lifters, do some research on the history of AS, weight lifters either olympic or power had alot to do with the way AS are used for performance enhancement in sport today.
    Give this powerlifting Forum a chance and I'm sure it will grow into a very useful tool.

    xxxl83
    Very well said

  39. #39
    Big Rush's Avatar
    Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Wal-Mart
    Posts
    3,498
    I think it would be great. I have never powerlifted, but I look forward to learning more about it!

    Peace

  40. #40
    PTbyJason's Avatar
    PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    70,179
    Here you go everyone. Enjoy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •