OldPLer is offline Associate Member

jeff lewis 1202 squat video

done couple of weeks ago WPO in chicago. is it deep enough????
    he weighed in at 480 lbs
    http://www.bodytechusa.com/images/Je...sSQ3_Small.swf

bigron62 is offline Junior Member
    what a fat slob

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    looks to me like he had some more in him... he did that easily!

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    depth is hard to gauge.

FearAndLoathing is offline New Member
    Actually he was weight in at 550lbs!

keth'naab is offline Associate Member
    nice bouncey squat suit and groove briefs

wonder what he could do with just a belt and wraps...

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    dam what a fat sob. i think he went low enough but his gut is in the way.

BooCooo is offline Associate Member
    who cares, he is a ugly Sh!t, i would rather squat 135 once then look like him.

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    keep in mind it's a powerlifting contest not a beauty pageant.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    I realize most everyone on here probably has the goal of simply looking better, which is fine, but I don't think that means everyone should discount what this guy did because he is "a fat sob." Obviously his goal is different, but you know what, a lot of people have different goals. No one asked everyone if they thought he had a nice body, or looked good. It was posted in the powerlifting forum to show a guy squatting a ton of weight.

As for the original question, it looked legal to me if legal means paralell. I don't know enough about powerlifting to know what qualifies as legal.

has to be slightly below paralel, everyone answer good or bad, i say bad it looks high

Who cares what he looks like it's power lifting not body building.
    Amazing lift and he made it look easy.

good depth or not deep enough?

OldPLer is offline Associate Member
    It is some lift, i agree that it is hard to judge the depth and I might not want to look like him, but he has my respect for doing that kind of weight. Amazing amount of weight.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    I can see many of you in here do not follow Powerlifting … With the fat slob comments. Most powerlifters are not your low body fat type people, but will blow away most BBers when it comes to the lifting numbers in bench, squat, or deadlift…

simm is offline Senior Member
    Look at powerlifters like ed coan,tibor massazaros etc..Sometimes it comes down to amounts of gear also..Take too much a'drol and become a fat ass..Wat is the most used drug at superheavy???? A'drol......The fat guys are not all that common actually..Most powerlifters have medium to low fat levels...I think this guy was obese to start with anyway...

what, anadrol doesn't make you fat!!! it make s you strong, you are heavier because you have more muscle and some bloat, no because it increases you lipids and stores adipose tissue. as far as fat guys lets go through the list, gary franks, a bolton, s lattimer ,mike miller rychlak, wolfe, beau more,mikesel, the list goes on and on all these guys are at 300 or above. so ibeg to differ that most powerlfiters are low fat guys, we come in all shapes and all sizes and yes there is a f'k load of BIG overweight guys

Velkar182 is offline Banned
    I think he was at paralle and therefore it would be no lift. Very questionable, but with the ease with which he controlled the weight and the acceleration to the top, WPO tends to give white lights on lifts like this. I think this guy, whom I have never heard of before, is an incredible athlete. I would be concerned with my health at that weight. I am nervous about being 318 @ 5'8. But looking back, the best SHW would rather go out early and lifting heavy than the alternative. The only thing is that with powerlifting records fall monthly and such lifters as (my idol) Anthony Clark has passed early due to weight related health issues and no longer has most of his records. I do think Cardiovascular health should be something all PLers meditate on. This is one reason why I do sprints 1-3 times weekly in addition to periods of biking and such. Certainly, there is an energy issue when you are moving that much weight and from personal experience I feel more powerful when I am super hydrated and fat.

His depth was good, impressive lift, but lets put things into perspective. The guy is near 500lbs, and its a 1200 lb squat. That'd be like a 250 lb guy doing a 700 lb squat w/ as suit. That suit throws on a good couple hundred lbs to your lift, its all spring action about the first half of the lift. Is the weight impressive to me, yes, is the man doing it ,no, not for his stats

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    His depth was good, impressive lift, but lets put things into perspective. The guy is near 500lbs, and its a 1200 lb squat. That'd be like a 250 lb guy doing a 700 lb squat w/ as suit. That suit throws on a good couple hundred lbs to your lift, its all spring action about the first half of the lift. Is the weight impressive to me, yes, is the man doing it ,no, not for his stats
    most of the big guys lifts arent impressive if you look at them all pound for pound. big gene does a grand bench, he weighs 350lbs, the press isn't even over three times his body weight. wade hooper pressing515 at 165ls is more pound for pound. but it doesn't matter, when a person takes the all time squat record to a new level, it is an acomplishment , even if he weighs a ton, it still is the highest ever in a contest that was even close to parallel(mike millers squat was a half squat at best) he will give all the rest of the sport a new goal, to beat HIS new record, and that is how the story goes, someone has to set a new standard or record to give the rest of us the motivation to train harder to beat there record or die trying

Velkar182 is offline Banned
    I completely agree with Doc. One of the resaons I have never paid much attention to my wieght is because I feel the only numbers that matter are the all time biggest lifts. To me and many other lifters, A 600 bench at 198 is only a conselation prize. The real prize is benching 1005, regardless of the body weight, because no one else in the world can do or ever has done that much wieght.

hey 500 at 198 is as good as gets for me so don't nock it!hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Velkar182
    I completely agree with Doc. One of the resaons I have never paid much attention to my wieght is because I feel the only numbers that matter are the all time biggest lifts. To me and many other lifters, A 600 bench at 198 is only a conselation prize. The real prize is benching 1005, regardless of the body weight, because no one else in the world can do or ever has done that much wieght.
    hey 500 at 198 is as good as it gets for me. 600 would be huge for me!

Thread Information