Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Maintaining strenght with little acess to a gym

From the 19th december to 14th janury Im going to be at my girls place in another town. The thing is I wont have any money to workout since all the gyms charge such filthy ammounts for training one time(around 12-13$). I might squeese in 2-3 workouts at the most but that right there is 40$.

Is there anyway to maintain strenght with bodyweight exercises like pushups and possibly pullups?

On those 2-3 workouts should I hit my entire body each time?

jdspinna is offline Associate Member
    If you can afford it I would say do one full body workout each week with a minimum of Squats, deads and Bench. You shouldn't lose any strength. Just doing bodyweight exercises for an extended period of time always seems to throw off my strength when I get back to the weight room. If you do us pushups, pullups etc... I would do one handed movements to make it more effective or have someone that can sit on your back : ).
    Last edited by jdspinna; 12-04-2005 at 09:20 AM.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by jdspinna
    If you can afford it I would say do one full body workout each week with a minimum of Squats, deads and Bench. You shouldn't lose any strength. Just doing bodyweight exercises for an extended period of time always seems to throw off my strength when I get back to the weight room. If you do us pushups, pullups etc... I would do one handed movements to make it more effective or have someone that can sit on your back : ).
    this is what to do, when i finished school i drove across the us for a month or so. i would do one weekly workout, doing press, squat and deads, much like the german block training or 3x3 that i post all the time.plus i did auxillaries, high reps to failure. worked like a charm, i watched my diet on off days did a little walking and i never even bothered with push up or pull ups and i didn't lose a thing, i actually may have been stronger.

sounds like a good idea. once a week workouts it is. Or atleast 2 workouts during the 3 weeks. I guess it wont kill me to lose a bit of strenght either. Hell its christmas In january cutting hell begins again so might aswell enjoy life the last few weeks

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    why not, enjoy your self!who is the guy dancing at he bottom of your signature!

yeah

its jean claude van damme before his breakthrough. Its from some silly dancing movie

Thread Information