Thread: Leviathan

Velkar182 is offline Banned

Leviathan

I got the Inzer Leviathan over the holidays and I can now see how some people are squatting 1201 these days. I used it on my max effort day, and I couldn't sit with 475 on my back, which is usually my second triple. I usually work up to 550 triples and go upto 660 on singles. I statred out heavier than usual, anticipating some added squatting difficulty. I ended up being able to sit at about and go parallel with 600 or so! My last single was at 875, but only out of fatigue did I stop there. I could be looking at a 1000 pound competition squat considering I have a crazy quarter squat. What feds permit the Leviathan? I recommend it to everyone!

power65 is offline Associate Member
    That's crazy. Just plain sick. If that suit actually helps that much there needs to be a seperate division for those wearing it.....otherwise, who in the hell can compete against someone wearing one of those suits.

I'm not knocking your choice to wear the suit, but that's just too much of an advantage in my opionion to compete against others not wearing that same suit. What do you all think???

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by power65
    That's crazy. Just plain sick. If that suit actually helps that much there needs to be a seperate division for those wearing it.....otherwise, who in the hell can compete against someone wearing one of those suits.

I'm not knocking your choice to wear the suit, but that's just too much of an advantage in my opionion to compete against others not wearing that same suit. What do you all think???
    your probably right... I really cannot think of a single meet that I have done that has had a truley level playing field... however, each meet that I have entered has been a blast... for me, competing has been some of the most enjoyable experiences ever! I must admit this thread has perked my interest in the canvas suit... 1000lb squat here I come...

I can't agree more with you guys. I always wondered what guys like Beau Moore got out of his suit. Beau got 1100 or something with the Leviathan. I assumed he got about 200 out of the suit, but I heard he recently did uppr 700's raw. Big difference. I figured he was either out of training or had some injury, which he was coming back from. So in essence i must be getting about 225 or so out of the suit, I'd imagine. A guy at my gym is using a metal brand canvas suit getting 775 for triples and i saw him do triples raw with about 600. Canvas is nuts.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    what was your raw squat max?

My last competition I got 675 with a Z-suit, but I could have gone 700 on a fourth attempt. I was a bit too timid.

power65 is offline Associate Member
    Oh yhea. If your hitting close to 700 in a Z-suit you may be the next 1000lb squater in a Leviathan. Good luck.

Thread Information