Thread: rate them

BigB396 is offline New Member

rate them

what do u think r the top 5 legal supplements on the market today?

power65 is offline Associate Member
    What are you looking for? Are we talking prohormones here? Are you looking for the top 5 supplements that give Steriod like affects?

no not hormones more on the natural side of supplements

no one has any opions?

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    creatine, acetyl l-cartinine, acetylcholine, whey, glutamine

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    i never really had much luck with creatine. whey and glutamine are the bomb though

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    protein powders (casein & whey are my favorites), ZMA, vitamin C, centrum (complete minerals and vits), & number 5: a fatty oil (olive, flax, fish, etc)

swingbatta is offline Junior Member
    whey protein, creatine, glutamine, flax, R-ALA

if i dont bloat for creatine mono does that mean it doesnt work for me and what has flax done for u guys is it worth the nasty taste?

Velkar182 is offline Banned
    It really depends on how good your diet is. If you are really taking care of things on that end, then you eliminate things like the necessity of supplementing fish oils. I don't think there is a doubt about supplements that increase CNS function. On heavy lifts they add pounds instantly. A good example is Acetylcholine, Vinpocetine and so on. Most things that are used for increased brain function assist neurotransmitters in some way. You might have heard of "Body Quick" in Powerlifting USA. I think that does the same thing.
    Creatine is great if you know how to use it. Much of the body wastes it if it comes in alone. Simple sugars like dextrose should be taken with it along with some phosphate, Alpha Lipoic Acid and ribose. Ribose is an important five carbon sugar that is involved with the ATP (energy) cycle.
    Protein powders can be very useful even if you get crap loads of protein in your diet. On thing that some tend to miss is that the varieties of protein types are also important. Many proteins have a benefit to taking them, such as the time release factor. Don't take a slow releasing protein right after work out and don't take a quick release protein before you go to bed.
    Glutamine is the holy cup of god to me. Most people don't realize the possibilities because of the dosages they take. The fact of the matter is that the human body eats a large part of the glutamine before it ever reaches the muscles. If you start loading your body down with glutamine, your recovery may be halved. I do separate ME Squat and DL days each week because my recovery is so good. The down side is that it is expensive, but hopefully this new crap that has been advertising in Powerlifting USA will eliminate glutamine wasted by the body and save som bucks.

Thread Information