powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member

New To Ar Board! Powerlifting

Hey guys i tried this last night and my thread ended up on th eworkout forum. Which is cool. Justthought i woudl say whats up as the new guy here. Here my stats

5'9 1/2
    250lbs
    800sq
    620ish bench (shirt problems)
    high 500's deadlift (deadlift isnt that great) Benching is my passion!

I am currently the Florida State record holder in the bench, check the 242lb open division non tested. Here is the web site to show:
    http://www.apa-wpa.com/florida.html

I am also ranked number 1 by the APA
    http://www.angelfire.com/md/APA/top20.htm

Anyway i had a couplel contest pics of 600lb benches but my buddies site is down i will get on it though.

Oh ya name J Keene on those links. 242 open go to those divisions. Thanks guys look forward to getting involved in this board. Glad i joined while its still new.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    like i said in the workout forum
    this is the bro-him and freak--that i've been telling you about--i train with these guys and they know their power lifting and are super strong

Ya it is...but it has never been a priority for me. It is now. But i am bencher. I finished in the top 4 with my opener of 562 at 220lbs at the WPO bench bash for cash and hadnt pulled before that for almost a year. And didtn start back pulling till the beggining of this year. So went over a year and a half with no deads. Actually squatted light too. My goal was and is to bench over 700 with in a year. I am in prep right now for a full power meet June 1st in Daytona. I am opening Deads with 550lbs, and my third attempt will be 600. Or there abouts. So only recently has it been a priority. Since the first of the year i have been doing westside for back and legs and dont really knwo what i can pull. Mt best below parallel good morning is 545lbs. So if your familiar with westside they dont pull too much. I do reverse hypers, good AM's, stiff legged off blocks (525lb ) , suspende band good am's, you name it just no pulling regularly. I actually pu tmost of the blame on my left hand grip. I have soem damage in the nerve in it and my left hand sometimes wont hold weight. But As of now my openers are 722sq, 585 bench, 550 dead. Hope to end with 788 to 804sq 615 to 620 bench, 575 to 600 deads. We'll see though. This is my fourth full power meet,but i have done 25 bench meets. I am a bencher first! It is my love! BUt this Dec look out all those numbers will be way up! Who here trains westside, and who trains conventionally? Just curious who is ou tthere. Maybe i oughta start a thread with that.

lionman is offline New Member
    Will see you up in Daytona pljay... Our whole crew will be there. Seen ya from over at elite.. I don't post there, just browse.... Where in Fl are ya... hit me a email at [email protected] . thanks bro.......

Anibolism is offline Junior Member
    Welcome bro, I havn't caught you in the gym lately. Check out my post and see if you can steer me in another direction on my bench routine.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New To Ar Board!  Powerlifting-muscleheadscycling.jpg  

Lionman-- Iam in Lakeland. There is 4 of us going. Three fullpower and one bench on Sunday. I just hurt myself last night so i am iffy. I will still be there. And i still may be lifting, just kinda waiting to see how hurt iam . Its delt pec area. Did it screwing around pulling sumo. I do not pull sumo. I was just messin around, and POP! YOu from down south? YOu train with bob? We'll see you there.

anibolism whats up bro? My advice and this is what i do, when i am stale or plateued i cahnge my reps. Try reppin out shit for a while. Without going up in weight. But instead of going up in weight try to add reps each week. One here one there. Normally and you seen me workout my raw bench work off eason goes like this
    warmup
    135x 10
    225x 10
    315x 10
    405x 10
    500x 3 to 4
    405 for as manyas i can get.
    But last time i did this
    i will just start with 315 warm ups are always the same
    315x5
    405x 5
    500 x 3 to 4
    455x as many as i can get 7 to 8
    405 x 12
    315x 21 I did that last off cycle before i dropped my weight and reps. Worked good when i started i was getting
    315 x 5
    405x 5
    500x 2
    455x 5
    405 10
    315x 19 So you see i added those reps< just a few but that is the progress i made with it. Then when i started to go heavy again my endurance was high, and i was faster benching. Just a thought.

Thanks JJ! I pop in from time to time. Hear your getting better and better at your selective trade. Good job.

Jagermeister is offline Junior Member
    powerlifterjay,

I have seen you over at elite, those are some great numbers
    But I have a question for you,
    How did you train before you went to westside?

Jager
    Last edited by Jagermeister; 06-10-2002 at 10:43 PM.

Jagermeister, i still do not train 100% westside. But am dam close now. I do raw bench instead of speed bench that is about it. Before i trained my lower body westside, i trained

Monday bench , shoulder, tri's. I say bench cause that was all for chest

Tuesday back (deadlifts) lat pull downs , rows, ETC, then biceps.

Wed off

Thurs Tri's (close grips, floor presses, board presses

Friday legs (squats ) leg ext, leg curls.

Before i actually trained for powerlifting though i did the exact same except moved friday to thursday. I did each part once a week.

Juice Junkie i hope you do well this weekend at your tournament. I was gona come watch but i had a death in the family. A close one to me, so i will e hanging here this weekend. This may sound dumb but since the incedent everytime me and my wife go out we end up cryin in public. So iam staying home. Cant wait to start seeing you hittin the weights good again. You are very strong and talented in any sport you choose. I will be cheerin for ya. Keep me posted. Ok bro?

Thread Information