Ajax is offline Senior Member

Help Us Out With PowerLifitng Lingo!

I'm glad to see this forum here! I am intersted in learning more, but after reading a few posts--the terms (esp. the exercise names) are completely foreign to me! (Good Mornings, Gritter style?)

Can anybody post a link to some references on powerlifting exercises, terms & descriptions for those of us new to powerlifting who want to get up to speed?

lionman is offline New Member
    Best way is to go to www.elitefts.com , they have a Q & A section, with pics, under exercise index and everything you will need... all from the legendary Westside Barbell and Dave Tate.......

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    Jeff "Gritter" Adams does the Arched Back GM, where he does not sit back and allows the bar to drift out over the toes. This is a very short range of motion, and is an effective Max Effort movement the two weeks before a meet.

Ermantroudt

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    True.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Just to save the rest of you a little time, the URL of the exercise index is:

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/Default.asp?tid=51

Damn that's a good overview of the exercises! All have pictures & detailed descriptions. Well worth spending some time looking!

Damn--you guys are starting to get me intersted in the whole powerlifting thing!
    Last edited by Ajax; 05-22-2002 at 05:38 AM.

steelblazin is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for that site guys.
    I now use powerlifting to thicken up needed areas during my offseason, man, what a difference it makes to your whole frame! You can use powerlifting for bodybuilding like I do to build that impressive front to back thickness for the shows...if anyone competes.

just my .02

-steel

Thread Information