Thread: Deload Phase

Velkar182 is offline Banned

Deload Phase

I am competing in a couple of months. I was wondering how you guys do your deload if you haven't used chains or bands to prepare for the competition? How many deload weeks do you do if you haven't used bands or chains?

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    Although I always train incorporating bands/chains I think I would deload in the same manner... I hit my heaviest numbers 4 weeks out... no more than 85-90% 3 weeks out... no more than 75-80% 2 weeks out... and total rest for the final week. I also go from 4x per week to 3x per week 3 weeks out. injuries always dictate minor changes which usually amount to an added rest day here and there.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I keep going strong toward the competition. Stop working out 5-6 days before a meet tho.

Velkar182 is offline Banned
    See, this is why I am asking you guys, I am just not sure. I always do stuff like bands, chains, or things like the no deadlift routine, so a 3-4 week deload phase is necessary. I was thinking 1 deload week and one week off prior to meet might be sufficient. But I am just not sure. Are there any guys who are vets at raw competing here? If so, I am sure you don't use bands in prep (much at least), so what should I do?

Thread Information