RMBros is offline Junior Member

Doc.Sust - what do you think of these reverse hypers?

Doc - I stumbled across these demos answering a question about dimel dls, but I got to wandering around the site and saw the Stability Ball Reverse Hypers:

http://www.midwestbarbell.com/videos/revhyperball.wmv

It looks like it might be a decent substitute for the reverse hyper machine for those of use who don't have access to one, but I'm wondering if you think it will have the same benefits as the machine (as far as getting fluid back between the vertebrae) since the ROM at the bottom appears to be different.

Since you're a back expert, what do you think?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by RMBros
    Doc - I stumbled across these demos answering a question about dimel dls, but I got to wandering around the site and saw the Stability Ball Reverse Hypers:

http://www.midwestbarbell.com/videos/revhyperball.wmv

It looks like it might be a decent substitute for the reverse hyper machine for those of use who don't have access to one, but I'm wondering if you think it will have the same benefits as the machine (as far as getting fluid back between the vertebrae) since the ROM at the bottom appears to be different.

Since you're a back expert, what do you think?
    it is better than nothing but it won't even come close to mimicing the real reverse hypers resisitance, now according to louie and the boys, pullthroughs using bands and cables work well as a sub to the rev hyper, i also learned you can tie a a light or a mini band to a GHR or a high roman chair, and do the exact same movemnt as the real reverse hyper,. the set up would look like the ball movement , you would tie the band to the bottom of the machine and face the opposite wayyou would normally face , prop your self so your feet are off the ground and than move you legs, with the band wraped around your feet, move them like you would in the reverse hyper. i hope that makes sense. i like this way better because you can use some resistance. with the thera ball to set this up may be an accident waiting to happen,. best advice is, do SLDL instead of rev hpers, works for me and costs alot less than buying the$1500 piece of junk, although i do have a site that sells then real cheap. www.newyorkbarbel.com, its under a different name but you wil regognize it

Thread Information