Thread: ME bench day

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

ME bench day

Floor press worked upp to 220*3 and then failed 2 times on 242. Strange thing is that last time I did floor press(7 weeks ago) I could do 242 easily and I got upp 253 pretty easy to, just failed 264 back then. Now my strenght in all chest related press exercises is wacked and has been for 3weeks.

JM press 132*5 and 154*5

DB press 74*9, 70*7(could do this weight for 16 reps 4 weeks ago), 70*7, 70*7

Seated BB exstension 66*11, 66*8 ( was pretty weak in this one to)

BB rows 132*10, 176*8, 176*8, 176*8

Romain chair sittups, 45 pound plate on chest did 15 reps 4 sets

tommybono is offline New Member
    Señor,

How long have you been doing Floor press? 2 weeks? Three weeks? I find floor press go stale very fast.

And if you find you are strong already, more advanced lifter better change exercises every 2 weeks instead of three. For some exercises even one week only. That is what tate say.

BTW congratulations. Your bench press very strong. I find my floor press same as my bench with shirt. 253 very good.

Oh wait, 7 weeks ago? What is your rotation of exercise like? I do not think adviseable to reuse exercise that quick. I usually take at least 10 weeks before repeat exercise. (after 2-3 week use of ME exercise)

Muchas suertes.

Originally posted by tommybono
    Señor,

How long have you been doing Floor press? 2 weeks? Three weeks? I find floor press go stale very fast.

And if you find you are strong already, more advanced lifter better change exercises every 2 weeks instead of three. For some exercises even one week only. That is what tate say.

BTW congratulations. Your bench press very strong. I find my floor press same as my bench with shirt. 253 very good.

Oh wait, 7 weeks ago? What is your rotation of exercise like? I do not think adviseable to reuse exercise that quick. I usually take at least 10 weeks before repeat exercise. (after 2-3 week use of ME exercise)

Muchas suertes.
    Thanks,
    today was my second time doing floor press in a row and Im going to change next week. Today I couldnt even do 220 for 3 reps but I got so pissed so I got 242 for 1 rep , I dont have so much I can switch betwen but Im going to get some chains and stuff soon so I can variate more.

tommybono is offline New Member
    Close grip bench, lockouts at varying heights, varying board press heights, declines, reverse grip bench... just a few to name.

I have very poor chains and bands so I don't get those either. I feel your pain.

Thanks, havent thought about the exercises you just mentioned.

Thread Information