FREAK2 is offline New Member

Thumbs up We have a NEW KING OF THE BENCH, check it out.

Thats correct we have a NEW King of the Bench Press. His Name is Ryan Kennelly and he just benched 780 at an amazing bodyweight of 290. He did it this weekend at an APA meet in Washington. He opened with a 705 then went to 740 for a second, I think he missed his third with a 760 because his foot slipped, and then he took his 4th with a huge 780.
    Like I said before, He is the New King of the Bench, So all those Fat F****RS that think there 770 and 760 bench is the best at a bodyweight of 330+ well guess what your wrong because Ryan Kennelly Is now the best and he will be the first one to bench 800+lbs.

Congrats and Good Luck.
    FREAK

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    Shit like that is just rediculous. My 500 pound goal is good enough for me. Hell, I would have nightmares about 800lbs! Truely increadible

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Just Incredible.

devland2 is offline Junior Member
    i would be pumped for life with a squat that size

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    The man is a beast, but is he really the king by formula?
    Don't forget George Halbert 733.1 @ 220
    Either way congrats. to Ryan kennelly it's guys like this who make us all try a little harder and help us realize our goals, no matter what they may be are always with in reach.

Stay Strong,
    xxxl83

im not putting down you or george at all, but you cant win by formula. formula to me is a cheat. and to me its like the only reason why joe blow beat me is because they did it on formula. i dont think that formula should be allowed. so if you want to state it as
    George Halbert-KING OF THE BENCH by Formula then thats ok because he is only king of bench by the FORMULA. Ryan Kennelly does now Have, as of SAT. the biggest bench in the records plain and simple. so yes i do think he is the KING OF THE BENCH because i dont believe in formula.

FREAK

lil mack 713 is offline Junior Member
    Those stats are just sick and insane

palme is offline Rosie Member
    How much is 740lbs in kg´s?

740lbs=336kgs

780lbs=355kgs

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    What exactly does "by formula" mean??

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    Bronco Josh, your goals are at 500 and your having nightmares, man I am prob just at or above 200 right now, hahahahahahah i could never even beilve there were people out there that went abouve like 600 lol.. That is fing insane. I really would pay to see that. can you imagine that.

johan
    a formula is just something that some meets use for womens, teens, juniors, and master divison. in otherwards you can go in a meet and total the most in one of these divisons and someone in your class can beat you because he weighs less then you and can have a total less then yours.

theres like 3 different formulas (i think). and to make things shorter someone lighter then you and weaker then you can (maybe! it all depends on what you lift of coarse) beat you by one of the formula's.

FREAK
    p.s. also, they dont use formula in MEN's open, Whatever you total at the end of the meet, is wherever you place.

Crazy Bencher is offline Junior Member
    I hit 605 right before I turned 21....i should start training harder...

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    No you shouldnt crazy bencher, he did it in a pussy ass bench shirt!
    ]
    So dont train harder cause if you got a bench shirt you could probably do the same! Keep up the good liftin!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Originally posted by Crazy Bencher
    I hit 605 right before I turned 21....i should start training harder...
    Dude...

DrJay73 is offline Associate Member
    Whoa...and I thought my 585 was heavy!

ironmaiden181 is offline Female Member
    Thursday On the 27th of July Ryan is going to hit a new record.....

We talked to him tonight and He is ready to hit the serious numbers ------in the 800s.....

Kick ass Ryan!!!!
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

These numbers are just incredible. Props to CrazyBencher

lifter405 is offline Junior Member
    i disagree on who is the king of the bench. i say it is scot mendelson. he will break 800 with a legal shirt before anyone else. the shirt ryan used is illegal in almost every association. don't get me wrong, ryan is extremely strong. but i say scot is king. but anyone that can bench 700+ is truly a beast. i am still struggling with 400. peace.

TeenMyth is offline New Member
    Scot mendelson benched what 766
    Ryan Kennelly benched 780.............................Like I said We have a New king of the bench and his name is Ryan Kennelly. And his bench shirt is legal, who ever told you different is wrong.

Lifter405..... Its a "put up or shut up" world..... You still have to hold that Weight and control it.... So far Ryan is the only one to do that.... Is Scott as stronge??? hmmmmmm maybe..... Can it hit 800???? I don't know..... The fact is Ryan IS that strong...and He can hit 800 or more.... Musclehed275 and I trained with him while he was in Florida.... And talk to him and his wife everyday still..... I have seen how powerful he is on the bench.... I say that if you think that its the shirt making the difference....Scott better tighten up and get one!!! Shirt or not Ryan is the King!! He is hitting the numbers first.... And the shirt can't be to illegal if the assocations let him wear it...
    Last edited by ironmaiden181; 07-23-2002 at 03:45 AM.
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

Ryan Kennelly

Here are some Pics of Ryan and Musclehed275!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails We have a NEW KING OF THE BENCH, check it out.-arnold-classic.jpg  
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

more pics!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails We have a NEW KING OF THE BENCH, check it out.-mvc-022s.jpg  
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

last one for now!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails We have a NEW KING OF THE BENCH, check it out.-mvc-021s.jpg  
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

Crazy Bencher is offline Junior Member
    powerlifterjay....i know 700 would sit on my fat ass like a truck sit or no shirt....where do you get your shirts....? I am going to train hardcore for a year and then complete...is gear legal in competions?

musclehed275 is offline Junior Member
    Ryan doesnt wear an illegal shirt!!! An open back double denim isnt illegal!! Ryan will hit the 800 first..there no astrecs that goes beside it saying poly or denim shirt..Scottt should go get a denim..his bad for now using one!

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    To the guy who said Scot is more legit cause of his shirt. Well Ryans in not illegal. In fact anywhere Scot wear his , Ryan can wear his. Scot' is 2 ply. Also if you know anything about Scot other then the internet you will know he used denim, in fact accidently stumbled upon his poly. He had never hit 700 before and was going to open with it in his denim, on th eway down it ripped. The only shirt he had was a hand me down poly from JM Blakely. He then went on to smoke 715 then almost locked out 735. He said he gets way more out of his poly. Its freakin tight and 2x ply. So i hate to bust your bubble.

Recently a 220lb lifter used a single poly new from Titan and coudnt get 600 down at all. Does that make his shirt illegal. If any of you ever read what Ryans been doing in training with boards and bands you will knwo he has more raw ability them most. He is strong as hell, and he isnt arogant like Scot is. Ryan is gonna be king for a long time!

jemrick_45 is offline Junior Member
    What the hell are benching shirts? hope thats not a stupid question

here is a pic of one on.... Dbl Demin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails We have a NEW KING OF THE BENCH, check it out.-mvc-005s.jpg  
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

This is true..... Here is the back.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails We have a NEW KING OF THE BENCH, check it out.-mvc-011s.jpg  
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

LG .... did you decide to go with open back.... Just wondering since the other thread got so screwed up... Demin or Poly?
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

I really lucked out with my Poly... Like I said before I have the DBL poly rad. cut.... MY shirt was so tight that I couldn't even get it to my face to pull it over..... I had to cut that back all the way to even think of putting it on.... I will attach a pic in a min.... but I really get alot out of my poly I think.... I never bench raw at the gym so I can't tell you what that # is... What I hit on the 2 and 3 board is what I hit with my shirt.... If its a good shirt, this is usually true to everyone... That is what Musclehed, Ryan Kennelly, his wife and I all find to be true...

No one likes the demin at first... the are really hard to "dial in" But I think that they will increase you bench even more.... I will be ording a demin today in fact.... Talking to Ryan and Musclehed, I'm pretty much sold on the demin if you use it right.... I will try for 300+ at the next meets... I hope that the demin sends me over the top!
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

--
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails We have a NEW KING OF THE BENCH, check it out.-mvc-016s.jpg  
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

Kennelly's is offline New Member
    Nice pic ironmaiden!!! But I don't remember you looking that way last time I saw you!!!!!

benchmonster is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by lifter405
    i disagree on who is the king of the bench. i say it is scot mendelson. he will break 800 with a legal shirt before anyone else. the shirt ryan used is illegal in almost every association. don't get me wrong, ryan is extremely strong. but i say scot is king. but anyone that can bench 700+ is truly a beast. i am still struggling with 400. peace.
    Ryan's shirt is APF legal, it is IPA legal, and it is WPO legal. The only place I know of where Scott's shirt would be legal as a double poly where Ryan's would not, would be the WABDL and they only changed that rule this past December.

B.

benchmonster is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by ironmaiden181
    What I hit on the 2 and 3 board is what I hit with my shirt.... If its a good shirt, this is usually true to everyone... That is what Musclehed, Ryan Kennelly, his wife and I all find to be true...

[/B]

Add me to that group as well. Hit a 529 on a 2 board the other day (kilo plates) and misgrooved 560 with a new shirt, and have done 525 to the chest 6 weeks or so ago. So I am right in there with you.

All hail the shirt/ board press. I feel like the last 50 lbs of my bench are because of doing these. Raw weight, bands choked, bands suspended and a 2 or 3 board with a shirt, and you have a ton of different M.E. exercises right there. I do these every other M.E. day and do something else, usually full range or occasionally rack work on the other 2 M.E. days.

Loving it.

B.

Thread Information