Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Question All PL'ers read about bf%

How many of you care for bf% or beeing lean??

Do you feel that it is a great advantage to get a little "belly" in the 3 lifts??

Isnt it hard to keep the tempo upp on the workouts and keeping the GPP high if carying around a lot of bf??

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by Little Girl
    I do! I'm a actually at 11%, 3 weeks after my last comp. In the competing season, I was at 12, 12.5%max. I like to have a six pack even if I'm doing powerlifting! Being a powerlifting doesn't mean that you have to be fat...

LG
    Nice bf%

I am feeling a little humiliated right now because your back dubbel bicep is WAY better then mine

And I didnt mean any flame or anything, I know that lots of powerlifters are in good shape, I was just curious on how much of a advantage the extra fat weight is.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    I am 5'9 1/2 and 250lbs and last time mine was checked was over a month ago and i was just under 17%, iam now high 15%. The ONLY place i have fat is gut. But i wear 36 pants that hang, and usually wear 34 or 33's. So yes weight moves weight, but no need to let it go to far. Here is a pic of me benching you cant really see what i look like fat wise but you will see i aint 300lbs! The shirt really bunches me up though. Looks like i have no neck! I do its just 21 inches.

http://www.geocities.com/xdecieverx/pljay.html

tommybono is offline New Member
    I have 10% bodyfat, maybe less now. I pretend not to care about body fat. But when I get fat, I get very embarassed about my body, so I cut down.

Muscle moves weight. But muscle gain and fat gain almost always together.

Fat only help squat. Bad for deadlift when stomach too big. I think.

Thread Information