Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member

5/29 Maximum Effort BP

1. Four Board Press: 45x3x3, 135x2x3, 225x3, 245x1, 275x1, 295xMiss, 275x1, 275xmiss (I could not lock out the right side), 245x1

I missed the same weight I missed last week, but the point where the lift stopped was higher, so it is not all bad.

2. V-Bar Press-Down's: 70x2x12, 80x12, 90x8

SuperSet:
    3. Tate Press: 35'sx2x12, 40'sx2x8
    4. Seated Cable Rows: 135x3x12

5. Standing Abs: 100x3x8, 75x10

Ermantroudt

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Nice, btw a question why did you do 275 3 times??

And a question about tate press do you do them fast or slow? Your bench is much better then mine but I can easily do 10's with the 40's in the tate press, so either my form in the tate press sux or maby the superset took its toll on you??

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Looks good. Just be sure to blast off on your dynamic day. That should help you blast through your mini-max next week unless you switch up your max effort exercise next week.
    Also maybe switch the order of Tate presses and pressdowns. IMO the tate presses are a harder exercise, I like to get them out off the way as early as possible.
    Keep us posted.

Stay strong,

xxxl83

"...btw a question why did you do 275 3 times??"

I have to take more reps in the 90% range, becasue I usually miss first in the group of guys I train with, and I need to be sure I get my 4-6 reps in the 90%-100% range.

"And a question about tate press do you do them fast or slow?"

I use a controlled manner, making sure to keep the ends of the DB's touching during the whole movement.

"Your bench is much better then mine but I can easily do 10's with the 40's in the tate press, so either my form in the tate press sux or maby the superset took its toll on you??"

My grip on the 4 boards was a thumb width from the smooth, then I hit the V-Bar Pressdown's, then I supersetted Lats with the Tate Presses, my tri's were a little tired.

Ermantroudt

"Looks good."

Thank You!

"Just be sure to blast off on your dynamic day. That should help you blast through your mini-max next week unless you switch up your max effort exercise next week."

We always focus on speed on Dyanamic Day, and I think we are swtiching up next week. I have been at the Westside Program for about a year now, attended a seminar last summer and train with a fellow who has been to two seminars and speaks with Dave Tate on a regular basis. I feel like I have a pretty good handle on the WSB thing, but I post here to get some feedback, and to illustrate the program for other powerlifters.

"Also maybe switch the order of Tate presses and pressdowns. IMO the tate presses are a harder exercise, I like to get them out off the way as early as possible."

I agree, we should have done them before the V-Bar's, but we were just picking Tri movements at random.

I see in your signature, you are from Strong Island, do you train at Iron Island?

Ermantroudt

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    I train at ultimate fitness it's a pretty boy gym, Iron Island is just too far for me to train at on a regular basis, but I make due I don't have access to a reverse hyper machine and it's hard to duplicate the movement with the equiptment there so I have to hit other exercises I do alot of pull throughs and partail deadlifts and glute ham raises.
    I'm attending a westside seminar in july I'm looking foward to it. It should be a great experience and a chance to learn alot.
    I know you've laid out plans for a rev.hyp. bench on boar n bull. I plan on making one If I can't talk the owner of my gym into purchasing one.
    I've got my DE squat workout today but I've got a knee injury so I can't squat so I'm going to try speed deadlifts instead ( I've been out for 5 weeks I have to do something) I'll see how it goes.

Stay strong,

xxxl83

Jagermeister is offline Junior Member
    Good workout ERMAN,

How long till you become moderator over here too? lol

I will always answer questions to the best of my ability. Like I have said many, many times helping other lifters be the best they can, is what sets us apart from other sports. I can't compete with anyone other than myself, so why not help others do their best too? Besides, the more I teach, the more I learn about Westside and myself.

Ermantroudt

Jagermeister is offline Junior Member
    So true

Thread Information