Thread: 6/5 Maximum Effort BP
06-05-2002, 10:39 AM #1
6/5 Maximum Effort BP
PreHab: Hammer Curls: 40'sx3x10
1. Rev. Band BP: 225x3, 245x3, 275x1, 295x1, 305xMissx2, 300xMiss
2. V-Bar Pressdown's (With an average band around the neck)
3. RSF Delt Raise: 15'sx3x12
4. Band Pressdown's: 25, 2x15
5. Standing Ab's 85x4x15
06-05-2002, 12:11 PM #2
Reverse band is that when the bands are set upp so they help in the lift instead of pulling down??
What is a v-bar pressdown btw??
You realy like supersets
06-05-2002, 01:17 PM #3
Reverse band work, takes weight off at the bottom, but it comes back onto the bar in a hurry on the way up!
A V-Bar is: http://www.jesupgym.com/cable_attachment_handles.cfm The one at the bottom of the pic
We superset to train faster. We always try to do more work in less time.
06-05-2002, 07:05 PM #4New Member
- Join Date
- May 2002
- A ScIeNcE LaB In FlOrIdA
Is that all you do for BP?
Do you have a assistance day?
if so, what do you do?
06-06-2002, 05:54 AM #5
ok, v-bar feels good. but have you ever tried doing pushdowns with a handle that looks like this
------> _I__I_ <-------
That is my favorit handle to use when doing pushdowns. but I never seen one of those for sale so I think someone at my gym has made it themself. I have to steal on of them when I change gym in the future
06-06-2002, 10:36 AM #6
Originally posted by FREAK: "Is that all you do for BP? "
I train my bench twice per week, the other day is a dynamic day. This past week, I did:
1. EZ Bar Curls: 90x4x10
2. Dynamic BP: 115 & 3 Sets of Chainx8x3
3. JM Press: 115x4x10 I think this was closer to a Paul Dix press, as when my forearm touches my bi, it is about an inch or two off my chest.
4. Over Head Press (Seated): 115x4x10
5. Bob Y Rows: 165x3x8
I should have done some ab work too, but I had a family dinner that night.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)