FREAK2 is offline New Member
    Ive done 4 full meets and 2 push/pull meets.

This year so far I did 1 push/pull meet and 1 full meet, and I plan on doing 1-2 bench meets and 1 full meet.

In one year I will try to peak out for at least 2 full meets, but maybe I will do some push/pulls or bench meets. So maybe at least 4-5 meets a year.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    I have done 3 fullpower meets, and 28 bench meets. All since 1999.

My goal now is to do bench wise whatever i feel like i am ready for, and try to hit at least 1 full power meet a year.

Wake Chick is offline Female Member
    Just this year I've done 5 full meets, and 3 bench/deadlift meets. The season is over for me now, but will start up again late fall...I can't wait!!
    Wake chicks- We make your boat look good.

Wake Chick is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by Little Girl
    Are we only 4 powerlifters here to compete on a ''regular'' basis???

LG
    Kinda looks like it huh babe??

DC24 is offline Junior Member
    Hey I'm getting there, I'll compete within the next 2 years. I just started lifting like 7 months ago, so I'm still kinda a newbie at it all. A buddy I work out in they gym with went to WV to compete and took first. He weighted in at 220lbs, he benched 460, squatted 775 and deadlifted 605. He's all natural and is only like 5'7. I'm working with him from time to time, so maybe within the next 2 years I'll be in the comp world. Good Luck to you who do comp.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I'd like to try a comp after my 9 week program is finished just to see what it's like. I have a goal of breaking 1000lbs.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    1000 lbs ! Hell ya me too! I figure if i can go mid 800 squat by Dec in a meet, i can with in 1 year see a 1000lber. My best is 805 in the gym (dont count) and since i never 3 lift (hardly) last meet June 1st (1st in 2 years) i got only opener of 705lbs. I only did 2 squats had to pass the first one up , but smoked my 735 like nothing, but said i was high. Tape dont lie, it was the same as before. Oh well. If i had a third i would have went like 765 to 775. Even though i hit 800 in the gym i didnt feel like 800 would have went up that day. But even though its far off i swear to god i see 1000lbs. I squat in a single poly as well. Denim is next!

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I feel like an ass!! This is embarrassing but I meant 1000lb for all 3 lifts added together. I couldn't pick up a 1000lb let alone squat it. Hell, I'd be tired just putting 1000lb's on a bar. Good luck on your attempt.

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    I compete in a full meet twice per year and hit a bench meet in the spring or summer.

Ermantroudt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How many comps????-board-text2.jpg  

tommybono is offline New Member
    I'm supposed to be competing 4 times a year, but since last junio i have only compete 2 times. Will compete more I hope.

IrishPower is offline Junior Member
    I competed heavily as a Junior 7 years ago.

I did APF Junior Nationals, Senior Nationals, Junior Worlds, and a handful of state meets.

Now, 7 years later, I decided to re-enter 3-lifting competitions as I feel they are the true form of the sport.

If you look at my online training journal, you will see entries all the way from my pec repair (1 yr ago), until present day.

Within the last 3 months, I have done 2 competitions... 1 3-lift and 1 push-pull. In 2 weeks, I have a BIG meet... the Canadian-American championships in Calgary, CA.

All journal entries and meet videos/pics are available at

http://www.growordie.com

benchmonster is offline Junior Member
    I have done 4 bench meets. No full meets yet. All within the last year. Was supposed to do the INSA World's but was in the hospital. Would have made it 5.

I have done 3 this year, and plan to do 3 more before the end of the year. I will do the Mad dog next month, may hit the INSA world's in October, and will do the Dan Austin meet in Stillwater in December.

I will also be breaking the Oklahoma State APF record on my opener at the APF fall meet, so if I may do as many as 4 more before the end of the year, and definately at least 3.

No full meets cause I can't deadlift my gym bag.

B.

RCK
    RCK is offline Junior Member
    i usually compete 2-3 times a year,i have not got off my lazy ass and done a full meet yet,but i'm workin on it.i just did one april coming off a bad injury and i compete this weekend,then i want to do one Nov......i have competed 5 times in one year though.......

GRIMMER is offline Junior Member
    I've been competing since November of last year. Did one squat/bench then , a push/pull in march , and a full in june and another full in December to come and maybe an AAU again in November. So i will probably average 3-5 per year with 1 or 2 being full meets . I love this stuff.

jimmydean is offline New Member
    I've been competing since '88'. Most of them were full power meets. Only two were bench meets. I have competed in USPF, NASA, WNPF, APA, APF and even tried a WPO qualifier. The APA and APF are by far the best feds I've competed in. Scott Taylor and Keiran Kidder know how to put on a good meet. I won the NASA Nationals in '96' and the WPA Worlds in '00' in the both in the 220 class. The most recent contest was the APF Florida State in June and currently training for the Southern States in December.

deciever is offline Associate Member
    i do a small unsactioned church PLing contest each year, i've also did one full power meet this year(14-15, 132lbs), and im doing states this year. Next year i may do 3 full sanctioned power meets, and one push pull or bench only.

i compete in the USAPL(lucky me) btw

deciever is offline Associate Member
    and jimmy dean, nice job winning WPA worlds

solidj55 is offline Member
    4 Bench only meets.

RCK
    RCK is offline Junior Member
    thanks LG.......

RCK, good luck bro, I sent you a PM telling you that but since your on here already.

I forgot to add, only one sanctioned meet out of the four. Most of mine were school meets and I was only about 14 so I dont really consider those REAL meets, so basically only one real meet.

musclehed275 is offline Junior Member
    well, i have just recently made a come back in powerlifting, i suffered a torn patella tendon over a year ago, but started competing in 1984..and no, im not too old, only mid 30's LOL..anyway, i used to do 2 full power meets a year, and usually a couple bench meets...Now im only doing bench meets, due to my injury, and plan to hit bench meets whenever i can, i have hit two this year so far, will be hitting two in October, and will hit a few, through out the year..i do Max effort stuff on saturdays, and just treat a meet like a workout! I am itching to get back to 3 lift meets, its just hard with no one to train 3 lifts with, my fiance refuses to do 3 lifts LOL..its a shame too, she benches around 300(275) in a meet...i have seen her do 275 for 8 reps in the squat, and pull 405 for 1!!!

ironmaiden181 is offline Female Member
    Yeah ... Musclehed is right I refuse to do 3 lifts, LOL ..... I love the bench... I have been training for competions for only a year now. I only have 2 competions under my belt and I broke the state at both meets... I will be competing as much as I can!!!
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

DEADLIFT FREAK is offline Junior Member
    So far I have done 2 full meets and one deadlift only. Only one of those meets(full) was sanctioned. All of this since March.

I am doing the Deadlift Nationals at the end of September and a santioned push/pull in December.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    what is a push pull and where can you find info on deadlift only meets?

Thread Information