Thread: Bottom of Bench

SWOLL UP is offline Associate Member

Bottom of Bench

I am looking for a ME exercise to start my ME Bench. I know that the floor press works the middle part of the bench and that the board press works the top part but which movement will work the bottom of the bench press? I will switch ME exercises every 2 weeks but I want to know which exercises I should go with?

Thanks

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    You can do close grip bench and decline bench.

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    The application of dynamic work hits the off the chest area of the bench. A good bench shirt will help this area also.

Ermantroudt

musclehed275 is offline Junior Member
    de day will take care of off the chest...you should be doing board presses, and floor presses....

RCK
    RCK is offline Junior Member
    very true,work on your speed on DE day,i have lowered my weight on speed day and i can really tell the difference off the bottom,learn to be explosive,you could also do illegal wides,camber bar bench presses if you had access to one....

solidj55 is offline Member
    Like everyone said, DE Bench should take care of the bottom part, I too can tell a difference since I lowered the weight on DE day. But I like you also wanted to do ME exercises for that area as well. Things that I think work well are Illegal Wides or Ultra Wides whatever you want to call them, Cambered Bar bench press, Closegrip Bench Presses, Closegrip Incline or Declines, Dumbell presses, floor presses, 1 board press. Just my two cents.

Thread Information