Thread: 15yr Bench

Fullback0934 is offline New Member

15yr Bench

Alright im 15 yrs old and on friday i put up 305 in bench, i feel pretty good about it, anyone else think that is good for my age

5'8
    200lbs

Crazy Bencher is offline Junior Member
    no shit?...15 years old damn it man....over the next couple years your bench will shoot thru the roof...

my old stats are
    15 yrs old bench 325 (weight 245 6'0)
    16 yrs old bench 385 (weight 270 6'01)
    17 yrs old bench 415 (weight 285 6'03)
    18 yrs old bench 455 (weight 292 6'05)
    19 yrs old bench 505 (weight 290 6'05)
    20 yrs old bench 545 (weight 300 6'05)
    did my first cycle age 20 just halotestin , test and winny
    21 yrs old bench 605 (weight 308)

i have the freshman, sophomore and junior bench press records in Conference USA

I am 21 still and i won state in florida weightlifting class 5a three years in a row....how much do you clean and jerk and squat and deadlift...?
    how many times can you do 225?

Crazy Bencher: I don't do clean and Jerks very often b/c at our school we dont have enough room. I can do 225 17 times, when i squat i just do reps with 305 (5 sets 8 times). Deadlift i can do 450...When you were puttin up 345 did kids always say you were on roids bc thats what they say about me i think its pretty funny

MJG i've been lifting since i was about 12

My goal is to bench 425 in my senior year...I will be a soph. next year

I HAD SO MANY RUMORS ABOUT ME GROWING UP....PEOPLE WOULD SAY YOUR ON ROIDS AND I WOULD LET THEM WORKOUT WITH ME AND THEN THEY WOULD NOT BE ABOUT TO WALK THE NEXT DAY...

Crush is offline New Member
    Crazy, what does you routine look like and how many set do you do for each body part?

Crush

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Originally posted by Crazy Bencher
    I HAD SO MANY RUMORS ABOUT ME GROWING UP....PEOPLE WOULD SAY YOUR ON ROIDS AND I WOULD LET THEM WORKOUT WITH ME AND THEN THEY WOULD NOT BE ABOUT TO WALK THE NEXT DAY...

for the past 6 months i just go for total failure now...I am not training for strength much on each body part I do 20 sets of failure....I used to do this

monday: legs (and dips)
    tuesday: shoulders and chest
    wednesday: off
    thursday: bi and tri (of course dips until you fall to finish the workout)
    friday: legs
    saturday: shoulders and chest

this was my strength workout...
    for 4 weeks: 3 sets of 8
    for 4 weeks: 6 sets of 4
    for 3 weeks: 7 sets of 2
    take 4 days off then max out.....
    do the whole this over....then max again
    at the end of bench everytime I would do 225 for a rep max to burn the f*ck out of me....why do I love pain?
    I dont do much bench incline....but decline seemed to help alot with the last 5 inches of the bench movement

this routine just seemed to work for me....

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    FUCKING AWESOME dude you have the same problem me and my bro have my bro is 15 and benches 245 not quite as high as yours but stil both of you are getting a young good start. I just wish he would start PL'n. DUDE keep it up if that routine works for you then do it until it doesn't. the reason i said we have the same problem is the roid thing I know i'm 18 and weak but stil in my town there's not that many 300lb benchers AT ALL We walk into the gym and people think we're juicing, I LOVE IT. Reason is b/c then they're afraid of you.

deciever is offline Associate Member
    hell yeah thats good.. thats a great bench... thats like 1.5 x your bw.. damn impressive

is that shirted or raw?

Powerlifter17 is offline New Member

Re: 15

Originally posted by Fullback0934
    I don't do clean and Jerks very often b/c at our school we dont have enough room. I can do 225 17 times,

LOL yeah right...no chance in hell u clean and jerk 225 17x's..for one u cant even bench press 225x17...so honestly.. u think u clean 225x17 then jerk it 17x's?

That wouuld put u at around a mid 300 clean and jerk.. i dout it.. not at 15yrs old.

btw... iam an OLYMPIC LIFTER.

lifter

Hey powerlifter17 why do you doubt him without even knowing. If he plays football or performs the clean&jerk with perfect form then i'm sure he can do it. I have a friend that when he was competing in high school meets he'd play with 185 for 20 clean and press and he only weighed 145lbs he was 16 at the time, BUT he had the BEST technique and had GREAT explosion from the legs. At the time his hang clean was 325 b/c he had quick elbows all he'd have to do was jump with the weight and throw his elbows and he cleaned it.

one more thing if you truly are an olympic lifter you know that you can't use %'s to try and get your 1RM on a clean I know for myself I can clean 135 15 times and I have trouble doing 185 for a triple sometime. I used to compete in HS meets and perform the clean&jerk back in march, So i know some stuff about it too.

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    I believe the young man was saying that he could bench press 225x17, not clean and jerk. He was specifically asked how many times he could rep 225 in bench....

Chad T.
    www.carolinapower.net

yeah i meant i could bench 225 17 times...

Thread Information