lifter405 is offline Junior Member

need help with jm press

could someone explain exactly how to do the jm press. i have looked on elite fts. and can't figure it out. maybe someone here can explain it better. any help would be greatly appreciated. peace.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    This is the way i do them. Take the bar close grip. Hands just on the rough. Then lower and as you get toward your chest at the same time you bring it back. So i know i am in the same spot every workout i keep my elbows close to my body. They go out about 45 degrees or a little more. Basically keep elbows up. I let it drift back and i then lift my head up and touch the bar to my chin. Then press. If i didnt touch my chin it would stop right above my neck. Its a cross between a nose breaker and a close grip. On elite fitness sys go to the exercise index and look at the pic. It may help some.

thanks a lot, i will give it a try.

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    How to perform the JM Press:
    "The movement is a cross between a close grip bench press and a tricep extension. To begin you will need to be using a close or medium grip on the barbell. Unrack the weight the same way you would a close grip bench. As you begin to lower the bar, make sure the bar path is traveling torward you upper chest. Keep the elbows tucked and up. You will only lower about 1/2 the distance to your chest. the key is to make sure the barbell is slighty behind the elbows. That is the barbell should be closer to your head then your elbows. Pause for a split second and press the bar up fists first. you will know if you are doing it right if you feel it is the described area. "

Ermantroudt

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    That description is from Dave or Bob. I agree on doing them on the floor, onto the pins of the power rack, or to various board heights. Using bands and rolling db's couold be interesting too.

Ermantroudt

musclehed275 is offline Junior Member
    heres a couple of variations you might give a shot!! Do the jm presses on the floor, and drape the chains on the ends...if you dont have chains, do the presses on a bench, place a 150# db under the bench, and run your bands to the dumbell, My lockout power sky rocketed when i started these!!!

ok thanks guys, i think i am going to do them on a bench with bands. jm press should only be done on dynamic day, right? should i do them on every dynamic day?

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    I only do them both. Not in the same week but i usually do reps of 3 or more. I dont single them.

deciever is offline Associate Member
    http://www.joeskopec.com/joeskopecjm.mpg ive scoured the internet and this is the best video i could come up with.

Thread Information