Thread: Back work

bigokie is offline Junior Member

Back work

How much and when do you guys do back(lat) work? I have been doing it on Monday by itself instead of ME lower body while my back was recovering, but now I don't think I can stay away from doing low body stuff. So what do you think, maybe throw in 2 exercises for a few sets after every workout?

Thanks

p03t1c is offline New Member
    back work i think is extremely important. i try to do backwork ME squat, ME bench, and DE squat. i don't do it on DE bench but if you can manage to do it all four days then by all means go for it. you could also throw it in as an extra workout if you'd like to. i think back should be worked 4-5 times a week.

Jagermeister is offline Junior Member
    I work back (lats) 3-4 times a week: one heavy workout and 2-3 light workouts

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    I work Lats a minimum of twice per week on ME BP and DE BP days. Often I will hit traps with Average Band shrugs during extra workouts. Face Pulls are done for recovery on SQ/DL days.

Ermantroudt

RCK
    RCK is offline Junior Member
    i have been doing mine on a seperate day and a light one after speed bench......has worked pretty good.i also keep switching up the exrcises that i do.....gotta go by feel.......

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    WHOA back work 4-5 times a week wouldn't that be overtraining one body part????? I don't understand how this can be right. I only train back twice a week on DE squat and ME SQ/DL days.

For those that are doin back/lats 4-5 times a week what days do you train??

See I don't understand how I can do back/lats according to my training days I train Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri. So would that mean that I do Mon light back, tue heavy lat, Thur light lat, Fri heavy back??? And are you just doing one excercise like bent over rows 3X8 or something or on light days using higher volume???

RCK
    what most are doing is one back exercise per workout,with form being real important and the weight is not real heavy,and they are doing it at the end of the main workouts and then also doing it on an extra workout.

it would be something you would have to slide into and not just start doing back 4-5 times a week,i feel like i would overtrain from that much back also,but it's workin for some.........

K well i guess what i'll do is just move up this week or startin next week to back 3 times a week then two weeks after i'll go 4 times a week and leave it at that and see how it affects my ME day.

RCK
    cubanito....did you say you were going to drop by Bob's meet??

Which one's BOBs meet. Well i was plannin on doing a meet soon although lately i havn't had the best training with girl probs.

I know I wanna do a meet by the end of this year to see where i'm at.

When is Bob's meet b/c i was plannin on doing the DEC 1 meet in DAYTONA r u headed up for that one??

RCK
    Bob youngs meet is this weekend aug 17,i'm competing there,not doing daytona but that is a real good one........i'll be up there helpin friends out,i'll lend you a hand if you need bro...........PEACE

SSSHIIITTTT I forgot to take that day off of work on Sat I have to work unless I know i stil have time to take it off I'ma try. RCK your aka THE MANN right????

Hey man thanks I know I'ma have JAY, JIMMYDEAN, GRIMM and all of them helpin me out at the DEC meet and if ur gonna make it up there it'll be great to finally meet you. These are my goals for that meet I know a lil outta hand but I LOVE pushin myself. 425+/375+/550+

about me workin i'll let ya know email me wit directions to where the meets gonna be at i'll know by tomm if i can make it, I KNOW i'm not competin in it. [email protected]

RCK
    coooooollllllll my brutha...yea the name is kind of dumb but thats me.....i'll get you the directions,you will do good in DEC..you got a good crowd around ya'.....you'll hit those numbers and more.........later bro....

thanks man aigh so i guess i'll be hearin from ya soon. I remember when I first started out in this SPORT over at elite you were one of the first ones to help and tell me bout westside and rank on my shitty old workouts.

bout those numbers I hope I hit them I'm not sure what weight class I'll be in I have 3 to choose from as of now 181,198,or 220. right now I'd be 198 I can easily get down to 181 like I have before OR I can bump up gain some weight and go 220 but I won't pass 210 most likely.

I just wish I had the records

RCK
    hey man.....i remember when we first talked over there also,dude you have gone up so much!!!! it cool watching you get stronger...and those records will fall.......you know you can do it......you have all our support.........i emailed you too so let me know if you got it.later bro

Thanks for the support bro as of today it looks like I can't make the SAT meet i'ma try and come up wit an excuse to give my boss and see if he'll let me off and work another day. I mean I work at a grocery store how hard can it be

Wait all of a sudden I feel a 48 hour virus coming on

Thread Information