Cubanito17 is offline Member

Aug Summer Bench Blast Meet

Hey guys I just got back from BOB's meet down in Santaluces where RCK (on the AR board competed) I went down there hoping to help him out but I didn't know who he was until after his first attempt (we shoulda planned it better ) I'll let him post how his attempts went but Ifigured i'd just update on how the meet went as far as BIGGEST bench.

A guy Andrew Paleur(sp???) he was in SHW class he opened with 605 RAW but his spotter didn't move outta the way so it didn't count HE BLEW IT UP EASY.

2nd attempt was 649 RAW (no shirt, no belt, no wrist wraps, JUST CHALK) BLEW THAT UP EASY as FUCK too.

3rd attempt he missed it at lockout. I took pics and I'll try and get them on here when they get developed if i figure out how.

There was another guy in 165 that benched 441 (that's close to a triple BW bench) I can't remember his name though I think RCK knows who he is and his ORLANDO crew they came in strong and took home some prizes as well.

I'm pissed that I didn't compete I know I was NO WHERE NEAR ready for this since I did ME thur and yesterday I did DE SQ/DL but for OCT 26 I'll be ready and attempt 350+ bench

On OCT 26 BOB will have another bench blast which I plan on doing to see where I am for DEC 1, whoever plans on attending let me know

DEADLIFT FREAK is offline Junior Member
    649 RAW!!! Lordy that's heavy!!

If I remember correct BOB said that he was #4 in the nation top ranked RAW lifters. This guy was FREAKIN HUGE. I think he was like 5 9 or 5 10 i wanted to talk to him after the meet but he was PISSED I guess from missing his 1st attempt b/c of his spotter didn't move and it didn't count.And probably b/c he missed his 3rd attempt.

One part I forgot to mention was THE schools CHEERLEADERS were there not in their cheer uniform but STIL NICE ASSES and TITTIES were there.

RCK
    RCK is offline Junior Member
    cubanito,

thanks alot for helpin me bro.it's really good to finally meet you,can't wait to see your big ass throw up some weight in dec....sorry i couldn't do anything impressive ..no excues here cause i felt good as hell and weighed 181 on the nose this time...it's back to the drawing board...

Bob was saying i have no leg drive,when i got right off the bench,he said i take the bar out then set up so this is something i have to work on.i also have to start pushing with my feet..i did my 396 opener real easy but missed 418 twice..i popped it off my chest and it stopped right in the middle,didn't go back down either...just stayed there like i was trying to see how long i could hold the bitch...funny lookin shit,i feel like sped is good and tri's are good but maybe more shoulder work will help,also pushing with the feet and the biggie..."DENIM"....i get cursed out everytime my buddies see me pull out my old poly......i guess it's time to retire the old guy... ...sorry poly....you have server well ...well powerlifterjay.......go ahead.......give it to me staright brother....... .....no more poly????????

besides that i still had a great time,and that guy that hit 650 raw is no joke...he's a badass and said later he don't like shirts and won't use one........still impressive.....thanks again Cubanito....i got you r back man........PEACE

hey thanks RCK I thought it was pretty funny how for some reason I thought u were that one guy that competed in 165 and did 441 I swear like the whole time I was there I was waitin for someone to say his name I thought u were like the whole PL thing all out shaved head gotee(sp???) I have a shaved head b/c i've done this since I was 13 when I lived in miami I used to get it faded ALL THE TIME now where I live i ask for a fade and they look at me like i'ma fuckin tourist or somethin. So I just BIC it and save some CASH. EIther way man don't worry about it @181 397 is STIL good.

but that dude it was funny how we were talkin and guys if you woulda seen him you woulda felt the same way SEE neither RCK or my cousin that was wit me or ME broke 200lbs and this guy looked PISSED since he didnt get his opener or 3rd attempt so we didn't wanna talk to him b/c of that.

But I think when I do the OCT meet unless i get some $$ to get a shirt I'll be doing that one RAW as well and it'll be my 2nd meet I go raw hopefully by DEC i'll have a shirt I already have a DL/SQ suit.

HEY RCK forgot to ask you this did you have to have a membership to compete??? If so i'm guessin another $20 right???

RCK
    nah just the $45 entry fee.........nah i'm a regular lookin dude what ever that is ...i got the Tattoo's everywhere but thats it.....i'm a little dude....i keep to myself (yea right).......LOL....really good meetin ya man..i'll give you that single poly if you want it....if you don't get that one from jay let me know..........it's yours.......it's a 54 single poly.....cool????????..

deciever is offline Associate Member
    397@181 is impressive.
    sounded like it was a great meet

RCK
    thanks Deceiver..i have done more but i can't get my shit together ..... ...i'll get it or die trying......... thanks again bro

hey man I hit ya up on email. YUP he's ur regular type guy. upset I was wonderin somethin now you don't look white you looked like you had some hispanic decent or somethin in ya, am i right?? I'm hintin dominican or puerto rican. Myself I'm cuban-italian.

If you do OCT meet I'm sure you'll get somewhere round 430 you'll open with your 410 this time don't worry about it. Everyone has their bad days. I know I've had some not in Sanctioned meets but in the gym and shit.

I'm stil decidin whether or not i'd wanna tat I know I've talked about getting one but I stil havn't. I also wanna start something up like for every meet I do do something diff for that day. EXAMPLE for every meet I do get a diff tat for it. Or somethin upset by that time knowing me and if I avg 3-4 meets a year then I'll have my body covered by the time i'm a submaster.

I'll see ya in OCT, HOPEFULLY earlier and i'll get to train with ya before.

Thread Information