Superman75 is offline New Member

Anchoring Bands Down

Hw do mos people here anchor their bands down?

I use two ways:

1. anchor the bands under a dumbell. This has imitations however because two doubled mini's will pull a 100 pound dumbell off the ground

2. Set up a 2-board thick block of wood and put two dumbells on top to anchor.

During my recent band phases used these two methods with some sucess but I am always open to new anchorge ideas!

I heard of someone using a barbell under the bench. I havent tried this. Anyone else who would like to expound on this subject would be appreciated

deciever is offline Associate Member
    in a powerrack, since the one i use has two safety pins on each side, i put one in the bottom hole, and anchor it to that.

Yeah the powerrack is a good idea although the powerrack in my gym the bottom pin is way too high for bands. But the gym only charged my $330 total for 24 months and its usually almost empty so I have no probs there.

Anyone else use boards with dumbells on them to anchor down the weights?

benchmonster is offline Junior Member
    I have a raised rack and anchor them under the legs of the rack. But I have used dumbells and they worked fine. I also have seen people use a 2by 4 or 4 by 4 with dumbells on it and that also seemed to work just fine. As long as it doesn't move, either way is fine.

B.

deciever is offline Associate Member
    superman- my gym is free (at least that one is) .

Here's an idea... get alarge bolt (we'lll say an I-bolt, cause thats the only one i know ) and bolt it into the ground. Now you have an anchor. do that by each side of the bar, and then you'll have no problem ever rigging up bands again.

Just slide one end through the i-hole and your set. You'd have to find a bigger bolt for bigger bands of course

Thanks for the ideas.

I guess I need a larger block of wood to anchor them down because the green and light bands together were too much for a small block of wood

jimmydean is offline New Member
    We use a piece of steel about 18" long, 1' wide and 1/4" thick. On one end we attached a heavy duty handle. Then we slide them under the power rack with the handle sticking out and attach the bands.

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    I will anchor them to the bottom of the power rack for squats. Then lay 120# DBs accross the bottom railing of the rack to hold it down. For doubled mini's I use 120# DBs. They dont seem to move those.

Chad T.
    www.CarolinaPower.net

Thread Information