Cubanito17 is offline Member

There's someone on this board that deserves to be recognized....PR

hey guys well yesterday I gave a friend a call and asked him for some help with GM's and bar positioning as well as for squats. Well he told me where the bar should be placed on your back kinda under your traps not like I was placing it on my traps and then I wondered why I could do more weight with a pad or something and it's b/c it felt better on my back. Well my squat last time I checked was shitty at 335, well today was my ME day and I wanna start working my squat better so I decided to do 5X5 HEAVY now normally last time I did these was like 6 weeks ago and my best was 245 5X5 that was positioning the bar high on my traps.

The MAN who helped me out, although I had to cut you off short b/c of work sorry again bro, WAS GRIMMER Thanks bro for the help Hope to talk to ya soon and this time with more of my free time and hopefully yours too

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Cubanito17,

When you place the bar lower on your traps you maximize the leverage of the lift and with better leverage you can lift more weight.
    That also may be the reason why you could GM more with a pad than without. It is a good thing to do different variations of exercises to change the leverage of the lift. You could do this by using a pad, a manta ray, different bars, and stances or boxes.

Also good job Grimmer.

xxxl83

deciever is offline Associate Member
    nice work

/>
    I forgot to say that everyone on here seems to be great and KNOW there shit and help one another out. The reason I pointed out GRIMM was b/c he as well as the FL crew really helped me out at the meet I did in ST PETE. And He REALLY helped me out MONDAY with all that advice hopefully sometime this week GRIMM I'll be able to give ya a call and talk longer. I'MA try and call you like after 8 pm I get free nights and weekends on my cell or i'll call you on SAT or SUN. Let me know when is good for you to talk.

GRIMMER is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the props man. Anyting i can do to help. i would have posted my responce to cubanito but it is so much easier for me to talk with somwone than to write it.

HEY Man you deserved the props so when I feel someone deserves it then you know i'm all for givin it to them. Thanks again.

Another guy i'd like to thank for ALOT of his help and support lately is RCK.

GRIMM one thing I forgot dude that really did help me I mean remember how I told you my squat really sucked well I can see myself doing 400 in DEC EASY or more hopefully I know I can push 350 right now raw. SO with a suit I can prob do 375 and most likely that's what I'll open with in DEC.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Good job fellas

xxxl83

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Grimmer knows his shit! I constantly ask him his opinion on things. Its been a pleasure training with him. The whole group as excepted him as a hardcore lifter with lots of heart. And grimmer you knwo we got guys we wanna boot for lack of heart so its a true quality to have in any sport. Not mention he is way stronger then he thinks he is! See ya in the gym!!

RIGHT ON JAY

Thread Information