Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member

Don't have the stuff!! Need Alternatives

I work in out in my ever growing garage gym but I still do not have a reverse hyper machine or ham//glute machine. I researched some on Elite and Dave advised trying Romainian DL, Dimel Dl and pull-throughs. I tried to get some description of how to perform these alternate exercises and Elite is not running right (cannot access Ask Dave properly). Additionally, I do not have the equipment to perform pull-throughs. I am wondering if anyone can describe how to perform Romaininan Dl, Dimel Dl and any other alternative exercise to build ancillary parts for squat//DL. Further, would you recommend these on DE or ME days or both? Any comments would be appreciated.

Oc

Superman75 is offline New Member
    You can do pull throughs with bands. Just wrap one end around a bedpost and you are all set

Nice...........should have thought about it a little more. Any info on the 2 deadlift movements??

Oc

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Dimel deadlifts are just partial deadlifts.

Start at the top of the movement, then bring the bar down to just below your knees then explode up. It's recommeded to use approx. 33% of your max dead for 2 sets of 20.

If you have a power rack you can build a reverse hyper to retro fit your power rack.
    Both Ermantroudt, and Jimmydean have plans on how to build one and I'm sure they'd both be glad to help.

xxxl83

Thanks xxxl83. I will PM them and see if I can get some ideas. Are the Romainian DLs partial deads as well?? Are they any other exercises that will work the glute//ham//lower-middle back??

Oc

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    The best description of an RDL: http://www.olympus.net/personal/cablebar/RL.htm

Dimel DL: Partial Deadlifts for high reps (about 15): Lower the bar very quickly and stop it just below the knees quickly locking it out again. Use a shoulder width stance with a grip slightly wider; push gluts to rear as you lower the weight. Keep your back arched. Pull with the legs only. Use about 30% to 40% of your max deadlift.

A really good overview of WSB (Written by Matt Hawkins): http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Streng...0OVERVIEW2.doc

If you are interested, I have the plans to covert a Yukon Hyper bench to a Glute Ham bench (Total cost of about $220.00) and the directions to build a Rev Hyper on your rack, and the construction of a high and low pulled machine.

Ermantroudt
    Last edited by Ermantroudt; 08-24-2002 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks Ermantroudt--------I was trying the Dimel DL yesterday for ancillary ME work and was doing them with more of a back emphasis. Next time I will try them with correct form. The RDL description was perfect. The Yukon Hyper bench runs about 159 so does the conversion price include that or is that over and above?? Finally, don't have my powerrack yet but have ordered it from Yukon and it should be here next month. Would love to have the plans for the reverse hyper conversion and high low pulls (used Superman's idea of looping bands and it worked ok). Let me know.

Oc
    Last edited by Ocnorb36; 08-27-2002 at 06:06 AM.

I will get you all the info this afternoon.

Ermantroudt

Thanks bro...............looked at your DE bench and you finished a lot of work in 50 min. I need to hustle more. I am averaging 70 minutes on all ME and DE days. I moved some of my ab work to extra workouts but it looks like I just need to cut down the rest time.

Oc

"The Yukon Hyper bench runs about 159 so does the conversion price include that or is that over and above??"

The $220.00 is an estimate of the total cost of the finished Glute Ham Bench.

"looked at your DE bench and you finished a lot of work in 50 min."

Funny what some ECA, Diet Moutain Dew, and hardcore tunes of your choice can help you accomplish. I still need to get more delt work in though

You have mail too.

Ermantroudt

IrishPower is offline Junior Member
    try romanians with light dumbells (<100lbs). These seem to pump my low back and hams better than barbell for some reason.

i am going to start using these on my recovery days as a substitute for reverse hypers occasionally.

Good idea Irish. Hadn't really thought to use dumbells on those. Will give it a try.

Funny what some ECA, Diet Moutain Dew, and hardcore tunes
    Good point bro. By the way thanks for the equipment help. That will go a long way in getting me to the results I desire.

Oc

otter is offline New Member
    You can work a makeshift glute ham raise if you need to. There are a couple ways.

1. If you have a lat pulldown, kneel on the seat and lock your heels under the thigh pad ... you should be facing away from the machine. Not exact, but it serves the same purpose.

2. Put a bunch of weight on a flat bench (enough that it won't tip), lay down on a fitness ball and lock your heels underneath the weighted bench. Another good alternative ... got the idea from Benchmonster.

3. Load up a barbell and put it against the wall. Lock you heels under the barbell and raise away. You might want to put something under your knees on this one, it can get a little painful after a few reps.

Just some ideas. I train at home too and am using the lat pulldown for GH raises.

Awesome bro.........I need to think outside the box a little more. I don't have a lat pull down but I have some other equipment I might be able to work with. Thanks again for the tip.

Oc

Thread Information