Fball20 is offline New Member

If any one has time.

hey, i am new to westside, but really interested. I am 5'5 136 pounds. I have been lifting bodybuilding style for about a year now. If any one on this forum has some spare time could you give me a hand making a westside routine? I have been reading on elitefts and deepsquatter for the last couple weeks. I think i understand the principals now. It is not a bid deal if you cant help with me a routine, but it would be helpful. I figured i would post this to see what happens. Later

bigokie is offline Junior Member
    The best place to start for bench is with the Big Bad Bench. It will tell you step by step what to do for bench.

Lower body is a little tougher. This is where you have to figure out what kind of equipment you have on hand. If you train at a gym with a box and bands it will be easier. If not you just have to get them yourselves. You can do it without, but eventually you will have to get get some. Fri is easiest. Box squats. Then do something for hams, lower back and abs. Mon, do an ME lower body. Then ham, lower back and abs. Just keep reading on Elitefts.com and keep asking questions.

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    fball do you have access to a rev hyper and ham/glute raise. ETC all the westside machines that they use. IF not I'll be writing up a 6 week routine tonight and tomm I need it by saturday b/c I write my own little 6 week westside mini cycles then max to see how I progress on them most of the time they're 8-10 week mini cycles BUT not when i'm close to a meet. If you have access to that equipment I'd suggest the basic 9 week training program if you don't have access to it then I'll send you a copy of my training program.

DO you KNOW what your weakness is in ur bench??? Mine is lats and of course tris so I'm gonna make my workout to work on those mainly.

hey. Thanks for the replys. No i dont have the westside machines. But i heard i could use the leg curl machine for glute/ham rasies some how. I am not srue how i would do reverse hypers yet...but i am working on finding a way.

My weakness is my triceps...i think. I get stuck about half way up.

Cubanito17 if you could send me a copy of your cycle that would be awsome. Right now i am in the process of making a 12 week cycle. But its not going so good yet. I have alot to learn still.

hey man I went through ALOT of westside workouts if you check over on elitefitness I POSTED all my workouts until I figured out how to make them up HELL i was readin that you only needed 4-5 excercises a workout and for some reason my head was stil saying I needed 8-9 and I'd get flammed. I'm somewhat stuck on mine right now about supp work and getting help on it in another thread once I get what I need to know i'll finish writing it up and send you a copy.

I don't have the machines either, about the leg curl thing for glute ham raise it'd be one full rep of a leg curl then you pause then go back half way pause come back to butt pause and then put it down THATS ONE REP HARD AS FUCK let me tell ya.

hey. so basicly for the glute ham raise i do the leg curl but 1 and 1/2 reps=1 rep? I will be reading on elite's board to see if i can find your posts. Later

pretty much for the leg curl yes... And about my posts you can either do it two ways, either put in my name where it says search by name and then put in routine where the search by words is OR you can just look through all the articles from the beginning.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    If you have a hyper extension bench in your gym you could do glute ham raises by raising the back end of the hyper extension bench.

xxxl83

deciever is offline Associate Member
    fball- your about my size.... what are your lifts and how old are you?

www.growordie.com look at some of the journals there, some of them are westside.

as for the leg curl glute ham this is how its done...

put the pin in the weight stack all the way at the bottom, so it acts as a counter weight to your body weight. Get in the position you would normally be in for a leg curl. then give yourself a little push up and raise your self using your glutes, hams and calves back to the starting position. YOU WILL HAVE TO GIVE YORUSELF A PUSH, its hard as hell. you can also put an extra pad under your knees if you want to.

deciever

hey. Thanks for the help with the glute/ham raise. I cant wait to try them.

I just turned 15 two weeks ago.
    5'5 135-140 ( varries from day to day)
    Bench 190
    Sq 275
    DL i am not sure...i never did DL's till i learned about powerlifting. Are school never did them, so i didnt even know what the DL was till i got into lifting about 3 months ago.
    I know all my lifts need work.

deciever what are your lift totals?

i turned 15 about 1 month ago..

im benching around 195 (probably more, i just got 185 x 6 on decline)
    squating- 325
    deadlifting- 360

the squat is with a squat suit and stuff.

your lifts are actually pretty damn good btw
    Last edited by deciever; 08-23-2002 at 08:44 PM.

hey. Thanks.

what kind of suit do you wear? And what kind or bench shirt? I want to get both...right now i dont have any of that stuff.

I dont have a reverse hyper machine....what could replace that exersise?

would this work as a replacement for the reverse hypers? It basicly the same movement.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...Extension.html

i wear a champion or z-suit now.. just the basics..
    i use a standard blast shirt, which doesnt give me anything (it isnt/wasnt tight enough, last time i tried it).

that may work.. not sure.. i dont see why it wouldnt.

Thread Information