BigArnie is offline Junior Member

My diet discovery!

I'm not really into strict dieting and supplements and crap so this was a kinda eye-opener for me: I was out visiting clients yesterday when I realised that it was already 12pm and that I had had nothing to eat for the whole day thus far. Now, normally when this happens, I quickly get myself a 2 litre milk and half a dozen or so Macdonalds burgers to get back on track, so to speak!

This time, however,I went into a food store and saw that they had these plastic containers with ready-to-eat chicken strips which looked nice. They were deboned, skinless and contained only 2 grams of fat per 100 grams (please don't ask me to try and convert this into pounds and ounces and shit!) and had a lemon and herb sauce. What really grabbed me was that it actually contained 30.8 grams of proteing per 100 grams, so I bought myself a 300g packet of these. Also, I got 1 kilo of fat-free fruit yoghurt containing a total of 55 grams of protein.

I went back to my car and had a quick, decent meal. When adding everything up, I realised that I just had 150 grams of protein and only 6 grams of fat! Wow! I'd have to have 4 big servings of foul tasting protein powder to have the same amount of protein, and would then have to spend the rest of the day inhaling my own even more foul smelling methane gases!

So my plan is this: I'm gonna get the wife to prepare me two servings a day of similarly flavoured chicken and go and buy a couple of crates of fat-free yoghurt. This way, I'll get 300 grams of extra protein a day without going bankrupt and not have to worry about getting my arse even fatter than it already is, as I'll only be consuming 6 grams of fat to go with.

How's that for a no-brainer bulking diet?!

Arnie

deciever is offline Associate Member
    i think your one of the few 360 lb people in this world who would want to builk. Although the diet does seem pretty well. Just dont leave out your carbs if your trying to builk. Also, some fat is good fat, so keep that in mind as well. Flax seed oil would be good to supplment with. You get extra calories, but they're good calories.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Dam sounds good. Whats the name of the packets? And was it a conveinent store? In School between classes i got 15 min and i am always looking for quick food.

solidj55 is offline Member
    Good job Arnie, just watch those carbs man if you want to ever drop weight, dont sweat the fat intake too much.

p03t1c is offline New Member
    i have been eating like a mule lately. i'm at 225-230 right now from much lighter. i am carrying around more fat that i usually do and alot of my shirts don't fit me ( i moved from L to XL+ ) but i can always diet the fat off. i'm going to continue gaining until i get to the 275 - 300 range. i need to add alot of size and muscle for my lifting. i just flat don't have the girth/joint angles to lift the big weights currently so i'm working on that. i always need to be adding protein to my diet so thanks for the heads up.

IrishPower is offline Junior Member
    big arnie,

puuhhlleease.....

you are too big to eat chicken breasts. i give that diet a week. whats wrong with steak and lean hamburger meat?

keep me updated on your diet

Screwball is offline New Member
    BigArnie, I'm with Irish. Steak and potatos is where it's at. Leave the no fat diet to the bodybuilders.

Superman75 is offline New Member
    I have been eating a lot of old schools stuff lately and its making me stronger than all the carb crap thats out there. I dont do keto or diet really and I like to drink beer.

For the most part this is what I eat: eggs mixed with cheese-tastes awesome microwave poached with the microwave eggmaker. 4 mins for 4 eggs...steak and cheese and cheeseburger and milk etc stuff like that I just eat when I am hungry.

I think that old school stuff like that us ideal for strength so I dont waste much money on supermarket health crap

Guys, remember, I'm talking supplementation here. Taking the described meal twice a day will be in addition to what I normally eat. That's why the low fat is a good thing. Just imagine doing this twice a day together with your normal food intake what huge amount of protein you're looking at.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Basically its just adding a protein shake in th eway of food. I think its good man. But i woudl split it into 4 instead of 2. My body just doesnt absorb 150 a pop. Of course your bigger so you might be able to do it without belly achs. Over a month with a huge protein increase you shoudl see a strength diffence. Your body will repair much faster. I know adding 2 protein drinks a day for a month makes me feel stronger.

I'm gonna give it a shot, Jay. I'm currently 10 weeks out from a bench comp where I'll be trying to fix my bench once and for all. The protein will sure not do any damage.

Thread Information