Imnotdutch is offline Junior Member

Powerlifting feds........UK

Ok I've finally decided to quit thinking about competing and to just do it. Now thats all well and good but I need to find a fed in this country.....the UK. Every one I seem to find is drug-free!!....which I dont want.

So has anybody got any ideas concerning feds over here.......I know its a long shot given that most here seemt o be canadian or american

deciever is offline Associate Member
    maybe th IPF?

benchmonster is offline Junior Member
    Just cause they claim to be drug free doesn't mean that they are, of course. Maybe you could let us know what you have found and we can give feedback from there. We are mostly across the pond, and I don't know much about feds in your neck of the woods.

You may find yourself in the situation where you just have to lift in whatever org is available. I would prefer to lift in only APF and IPA meets, but where I live, they just don't put that many meets on, so I have to lift in other orgs, if I want to compete.

B.

IrishPower is offline Junior Member
    Here is the info for Great Britain, which doesnt contain a phone number

http://www.worldpowerliftingcongress.com/gb.htm

call up ernie frantz. number is here and ask him who you should call.
    http://www.worldpowerliftingcongress.com/

good luck.

Irish,

I did some digging and found a contact number for David Carter who heads the BPO......which was in your link. I'll get ahold of him........its a shame I havent found any UK records yet. Clive Smith, the guy who got me into this at the beginning thinks this would be a good place to go too. Thanks for the link.

Benchmonster........well I looked at a few. The main one in this country is BAWLA. They are very strict and are most definitely drug free......I know of a couple of guys (good lifters too) who got busted at their meets. There were several named along the lines of British Drug-Free Powerlfiting Association.......I'm avoiding them because it just doesnt sit well to lift there even if they aren't truly drug free. So anyway, I'm gonna take a closer look at the BPO.

Deceiver.....I was under the impression the IPF tested. At least they have the Olympic Committee list of banned substances on their site.

deciever is offline Associate Member
    sry, i didnt read in your original post you didnt want drug tested orgs.. my bad

Originally posted by deciever
    sry, i didnt read in your original post you didnt want drug tested orgs.. my bad
    No problem........

benchmonster is offline Junior Member
    I posted about the BALA org many months ago, at first I thought that was what you were referring to. Boring Ass Lifting Association is BALA it was so strict that even if you were accused of doing drugs, you were banned, anyone caught training would be banned. No equipment allowed. It was a bit of a farce, but not that far removed from some orgs out there.

WPC is your best bet, I would think. It is the international arm of the APF, which is a very lifter friendly org. here in the states. Good luck.

B.

Just thought that I'd update this.........

I finally got my ass into a powerlifting fed. I joined the BPO as Irish suggested. I know that some of the best in the country lift here.......and pretty much anything goes.....but the judging is strict (it seems to be strict all over the UK).

So anyway, I'm looking forward to getting my ass handed to me on a plate in the near future

Thread Information