musc2002pa is offline Associate Member

Hey yall, please check this out....

...I am trying to put some videos on my site. Check the following 2 links. I need to know how they work, speed, clarity etc. [i know the 280 was ugly, but look at the right shoulder flare out, i hate the rotator cuff blah]

225# Floor Press w/80# of Chains

280# Floor Press w/80# of Chains

/chad
    carolinapower.net
    Last edited by musc2002pa; 09-02-2002 at 12:49 AM.

deciever is offline Associate Member
    great speed... took about 20 seconds from clicking on the lnk til it finished downloading.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Musc2002,

They looked good keep up the good work.

xxxl83

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Looked good, clear , and fast!! Good job. Man i need some big chains like that.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Good link, I got's cable modem and it took no time at all.

Thanks everyone for checking those out...

pljay. those chains are the real deal from Toppers in Ohio. I picked them up went I went to Westside a few years ago...I couldnt imagine what the freight would cost to ship to you in Florida

BigArnie is offline Junior Member
    Very good lifting, man! Come to think of it, this is the first time that I've seen a video of a floor press. When I started doing them, I just followed Louie's description but I always keep my knees high and my feet flat on the floor. This way, at least I feel somewhat tight as compared to when you straighten the legs out like you do. Is my way of doing them wrong?

Really I think either way would be OK. I have always layed my legs out straight. The second video of 280 is an example what you shouldn't do, that is drive with your heels. I get a lot from my leg drive, and its natural instinct for me do want to drive my legs, so I almost have to think about not driving them.

I pretty much hate the floor press, because it takes away my ability to keep my lats tight too. And as you can see, the bar comes close to touching my chest.

I hope to get more videos put up on my site in the near future.

/chad
    carolinapower.net

BigArnie is offline Junior Member
    So what you're saying is to try NOT to use any leg drive? Your method is the correct one, then, because with feet pulled in close you can actually drive a bit from the legs.

Yes, thats what you want to do, take out the legs. The other way isnt necessarily wrong. Some guys can put there feet flat on the floor with their knees bent and not be tempted to use legs....I'd have all kind of leg drive if I did that.

/chad
    carolinapower.net

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Ya i bend my knees, but i dont use drive much. BUt wheni actually bench there is a ton of it. I used to hate floor presses. Its reallythe only movement that agrevates my shoulder. One week it hurts like hell , the others its perfectly fine. I think done with lots of lockout tension this makes the movement alot more worth while.

Smurf is offline New Member
    This maybe a dumb question but what is the reason for the chains?

The chains are part of 'Accomidating Resistance' and are used in Westside Barbell Style training. The chains will overload the triceps at top. The closer you get to lockout, the more the chains come off the floor and the harder you have to work. These also allow you to gain speed off the floor, to blast through the lockout (much like you would in a bench shirt).

In this particular workout the bar weight was 280. With the addition of chains, the weight equaled 330 at the bottom and 360 at top. The chains are 20# each, with 2 per side. They come all the way off the floor at lockout adding an additional 80#.

/chad
    carolinapower.net

IrishPower is offline Junior Member
    hey,

i checked these out. you look fine. i would ignore the answer that told you you are supposed to pause the weight for a full second.

of course its gonna be hard and the bar is gonna drift a little too. the point of this exercise it to strain.

if you are having a lot of rotator cuff problems, you could get a single poly and cut it down the back and where it on your heavies. it has helped me out tremendously!

/tommy aka irish

I agree, the pause is more of a quick touch and go. I dont feel the need to pause for a couple of seconds.

Tomorrow I am ordering a training shirt. I noticed you used the split red Inzer in your video. What model was it, and how much bigger is it than your normal size (if you were to wear a poly)?

/chad
    carolinapower.net
    Last edited by musc2002pa; 09-02-2002 at 06:44 PM.

Smurf is offline New Member
    Musc2002pa

Thanks for the answer, I did a search on the chains and found some info. I am going to give the chains a try once I get some.

benchmonster is offline Junior Member
    I am not Irish, but I happen to know the answer. It is a single ply blast shirt, the 40 dollar one, and he just gave them his actual measurements.

Topper is very expensive on those chains I have noticed. Jay, down there near the ocean, you should try some places that sell marine equipment. Boat anchors are held on with very large chains, they might be a good place to find some heavy chain for a reasonable price.

The vids looked great by the way. Don't worry so much about form, when it gets heavy, just get the shit up. Lookin good.

B.

Thread Information