60 1x8

Seated Rows
    70 1x10
    120 2x8

1 Arm Low pully row
    60 3x8 each arm

V-bar Tricep pushdowns
    60 4x10

Speed felt better with 165 vs 175. I will probably also use a loose shirt on this day too..torn rotator is getting sore.

/chad
    carolinapower.net
    Last edited by musc2002pa; 09-07-2002 at 10:24 PM.

Superman75 is offline New Member
    Looks good- strong with those big chains. 10 sets of DE bench....I also do 10 sets now too I like it better than 8 sets. What kind of grips do you use for those 10 sets like 3-3-4

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    Usually I take a little wider grip, pinky on the ring. I try not to use close grips, because they reak havoc on my rotator cuff. I also dont push as fast as I can because of that too. I just ordered a loose training shirt for both bench days. Hopefully that will help me step up my training, and work around my injury.

chad
    carolinapower.net

BigArnie is offline Junior Member
    musc2002pa, how much do you bench, if you don't mind me asking? The reason I want to know is I want to get an idea of what kind on % of max you're moving and what the relative speed is compared to that so I can do a comparison of my own speed.

Lookin' good!
    Arnie

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    Arnie, my best bench is 440 with a single denim back in July. I was good for 450 that day. The 175 is right around 40%, with 165 being just slightly less. I will say I am not the best speed bencher. I use to 'catch' the bar a few inches from touching my chest, but that reaked havoc on my shoulder. I do a touch and go now. I dont put a lot of emphasis on reversal, but I concentrate more on the explosive push.

I am going to be using a loose poly shirt on this day and ME day for awhile to help with my rotator problems.

chad
    carolinapower.net

BigArnie is offline Junior Member
    I agree with you 100% on the reversal. Some time ago I started doing a slow eccentric, a short pause on the chest and then a very explosive concentric and since then my shoulders have stopped complaining and even better, my bicep tendonitis is gone.

Thread Information