Thread: Diet?

Yeti is offline New Member

Diet?

Just curious, right now i eat a bb diet. Is this ok for powerlifting. I eat like 6meals a day all clean food. I get shitload of protien. Any foods i need to eat a lot of or avoid.

thanks

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Depends on what your goals are. Weight moves weight so if your looking to put weight on you might need to re-evaluate your diet.

xxxl83

Superman75 is offline New Member
    Kins Supremes at Burger King are 2 for $2 full of strength gaining powerlifting potency!!

Also eggs and red meat are the two staples of what I eat and its working very well for gaining strength

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    As long as yoru protein is high and you have enough carbs to get by on its fine. There is nothign wrong with powerlifting and being in shape and eating good. Just make sure your eating enough calories. If your fat is too low take Flax seed oil. It will help yoru joints.

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    Dude if you can eat clean and make gains THATS GREAT. Trust me i'm tryin to start eatin cleaner now when they say "weight moves weight" it's not that fatter you are the more weight ur gonna push but if your eating alot of clean food and your makin gains then "muscle weight pushes weight" I'm not saying big muscles push weight but you do need to eat a bit like a BB I know I do and i'm stil getting stronger, not leaner,yet but i'm getting stronger.

Mastermind is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by powerlifterjay
    There is nothign wrong with powerlifting and being in shape and eating good.
    Good comment. It's surprising how lean alot of OLers are, and they hit some big numbers.

jeremys is offline Associate Member
    my diet isnt too great, i usually get about 120 grams of protein today, and carbs vary. sometimes only 150 per day, sometimes up to 600. today i had 180g protein...and i weigh 240. its been like this for a couple months now. i wonder if the lack of protein will screw me up at all, strength-wise

Mastermind is offline Female Member
    Jeremys, a lack of protein will not hurt your strength in a given workout, but it can interfere with muscle recovery/muscle building, which may interfere with long term strength gains.

jeremys is offline Associate Member
    ..off to kill some venison

p03t1c is offline New Member
    it totally depends on what you want to do. if you want to lift the most weight possible then alot of guys will tell you that you need to just gain as much weight as you can. but who wants to walk around being absolute disgusting all the time. if you have trouble breathing while walking to the bathroom which is 20 feet away then you probably need to rethink the diet. eating for bodybuilding (chicken + potatoes) might not be the best thing.

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    I think as long as your eating SOMEWHAT like a BB it's good for your strength gains and to gain weight.

Thread Information