Thread: Shirt Problems

jeremys is offline Associate Member

Shirt Problems

just got my high performance blast today...i think its' way too fuckin small...it doesnt even come down all the way...should i send it back and get a bigger size? when i got measurements i was supposed to measure from mid-chest, right? thats what i did

i have a meet in just a couple weeks..the 28th. should i put plates in the arms and the chest to stretch it out?
    Last edited by jeremys; 09-06-2002 at 03:54 PM.

when i tried to get 135 to touch..it pinched so bad at mid-stroke i had to press back up. i've never had any experience in a shirt before..

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    It probably is too small. Inzer tells you to measure the chest just under the arm, for a poly shirt. I measure on the nipple line. When you mean it doesnt even come down all the way...do you mean over your stomach? If so then its too small. When I used polys, I use to have 6" of length added to the shirt so it would cover my mono ab.

Good thing is, you got the shirt on. Did you try any more than 135? That 'pinch' is normal. Those fucking poly shirts are a pain, but thats how it is, they arent comfortable.

Wether you send it back or not would depend on Inzer. Call them, tell them your situation. Inzer closes for the weekend, so I would try the shirt again on Sunday. you dont have to do a full workout, but try it on again. see if it feels different. Then take a weight or 2. Post on the board Sunday, and you can decide then if you need to send it back.

P.S. 'Stretching' it by hand would be worth a try.

chad
    carolinapower.net

i got it down over my stomach but the neck didnt come down all the way, it was up like a couple inches above my traps...and the arms were way too small on the shirt

the pinch was horrible. it wasnt just bad but it felt like my head was gonna pop. took me 10-15 mins to get the shirt one, but i just got it out of the box

My suggestion would be to try to stretch it out over the weekend. Stuff plates in the arms, etc. Try it on again Sunday. If its still fitting like crap, call Inzer Monday morning and tell them your situation (meet is very close), and they will work with you to get it out as quick as possible.

If you can afford it, I would call Inzer today before they close, and order a bigger one. You can always send the other one back Monday and get your money back. If its in stock, I know they can overnight ship it for 20 bucks.

chad
    carolinapower.net

i just called and thats what she said...but i'd have to wait till next week to put money in the account for the credit card. the only problem i really ahve with this shirt is it doesnt come down all the way and the arms are too tight. but my helper cant pull it down all the way because its too tight to grab onto. i will try baby powder later though...

Just remember if you use babypowder, you have to keep the shirt. They wont take it back.

chad
    carolinapower.net

shit. what if i wash it? lol..then they'll never know

i'm gonna try to send it back tonight...its way too friggin small...i lost about half the hair on my armpits....this second time i got it all the way down but there were wrinkles in the armpits/lats on both sides that just cut into me. the arms were waaaaaaay too tight

how many sizes higher should i go?

If its that tight, I'd probably go 2, or 1. Ask the Inzer people. Tell them how it fits now, and they could help you make that choice.

i have too much water and fat in me. i have to get a custom high performance

usually they just do the average msments off of chest measurements

GRIMMER is offline Junior Member
    I'm not a shirt expert but from what i know if you can get a ashirt on than its not to small. Shirts HURT it is as simple as that. The bst way to see if it is to small would be toput it n again like the second time and se what it takes to touch. Ignore the pain or use it to your advantage. If it takes to much to touch than you are strong enough to press then it is to small.

did i mention that yesterday i got like 185 to touch? does this mean it fits? yeah, the shirt pinched really bad from the slack in the armpits but i did get 185 to touch. should i still stick some plates in it overnight or will inzer not accept it back if the arms are a little stretched
    Last edited by jeremys; 09-07-2002 at 02:55 PM.

deciever is offline Associate Member
    did you have to pull 185 down or did it go down on its own..

i figured it would take like 225 for it to touch for you...

i think it came down really slow

wait, i think i did pull it the last few inches...cant remember

If 185 is around your opener, then keep the shirt

i was thinking my opener would be in the 240 range, give or take

Then the shirt is probably right on. Have you used a shirt before?? If not, they are uncomfortable as can be, especially a slip over poly. I would try it again, just block the discomfort out

chad
    carolinapower.net

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Grimmer is right. If it gets on it fits! They are not comfortable. At all. But try having someone after its on taking their left arm and grab the bottom of the shirt right in the front, pull it out, then stick their right elbow in it and really crank down on the shirt. That will pull it down. That pinch your gettign is cause by resistance. The more resistance you got the better the shirt works. Shave your arm pits while you train and compete. And yes put weights in the sleevs to make them bigger if you must. My opinion is keep it and use it. The more weight you use the quicker it comes down. With less tightness it wont POP back up.

Dude i got shirts that 600 plus wont touch, thats tight!!

thanks a lot. i'll stick some plates in it tonight and then try it again tomorrow. should i do boards earlier in the day and then do my speed work later?

when i say boards, i mean just breaking the shirt in/seeing what touches...i dont know the difference between the 2

Thread Information