powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member

Iam On The Cover Of George Halberts Video!

Just got my copy of George Halberts bench video and low and behold there iam on the cover!! Benchmonster said i was in it when he is walking to the podeum at the WPO (which is a cool live shot of me), but i didnt realize i was on the cover with all the other 220's who made cash!

Guys i aint showboatin, i was just tickled to be on it. The vidoe is good.

I did learn a few things and one is that that little dip my shirt does when it touches my chest , his does the same in both his world record benches. I have been fighting that little dip forward when it lands and now i realizze maybe i am trynig to fix something that isnt fixable. That is the groove period!

My speed day is now gonna be more structured. Glad i got it. If you dont have it and your interested in benching westside, get it.

Screwball is offline New Member
    Hey PLJAy, keep training hard and being positive and maybe in a year or so George will be on the cover of your benching video. First thing you need to do is forget about the 220's and go up in weight to shoot for that 700+. Man, that has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

GRIMMER is offline Junior Member
    Sweet! Your gonna have to let me borrow that for a week when you've seen it enough

Superman75 is offline New Member
    Heck of a job getting on the cover of Halbert's video

deciever is offline Associate Member
    thats awesome man!

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    PLJ,

How is the video as far as the training is concerned. I was told that he uses bands in every workout, and that the video's training methods would be almost impossible to follow for most lifters without getting injured. Thats why dave tate won't sell the tape.

Also congrats on your video debut.
    xxxl83
    Last edited by xxxl83; 09-06-2002 at 08:51 PM.

IrishPower is offline Junior Member
    when i come down to florida, we are gonna wind up on the cops show so you will have been on two videos.

/t

benchmonster is offline Junior Member
    That is cool Jay. I will look for you guys on Cops too. Make sure you are wearing a white ribbed tank top, cut offs, and have at least one beer in hand when they get you on film. That seems to be the standard issue attire for that show.

B.

bigokie is offline Junior Member
    Jay, I knew you were on the cover. Now your famous!

Can't wait to see you and Irish on the Cops show. You'll just have to let us know what time it comes on.

Shit it would take a bunch of cops to subdue Irish and me!! Hell the two of us are as big and bigger then most tag teams in the WWE!! LOL.

The video is good. It is pretty technical. But like i said it will make me start getting more structure in my speed day. Now i use alot of bands. I mean for a bunch of stuff. But your right he uses them a ton. We have noticed just by cutting out bands in this last week on our bench stuff we already feel a little more refreshed. He uses them for dam near everything. Cambered bench, 5 brd, dumbells, incline, floors, speed, Elbow outs ETC, which all that is good but i would not band on Cambered, dumbells, and inclines. Dumbells would be ok i guess. But seems liek with all the work he does those other ones would maybe be a cause of overtraiing. Either way the vid is good. 50 bucks is a little steep but what the hell.

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    Hey jay when you and GRIMM are done with that and if GRIMM comes down for the meet on OCT let me hit that video up and I'll ship it back to ya.

WAY TO GO I know you personally so I can now say i know a CELEB.

NO problem Cubanito!

solidj55 is offline Member
    Jay why are you always fucking bragging?!?!?! LOL, just kidding man, I would bet my next pay check that before long you will have a bench video out!!!

Ah man! Come on bro, i get a video in the mail and see me on the cover it caught me off gaurd!

I forgot, hows your bench work going Solid?

Bench work is decent, I am not making the gains I want to make though. I have been running at 5 am Monday through Friday because I have to drop 2%BF or 15lbs for police standards and I also have to be able to run 1.5 miles in under 15 minutes and when or if I go to the academy I will have to run 3 miles every morning. This shit is killing me lol but considering I am running 2-4 miles every morning and dieting some I am still making decent gains. I am benching around 315-320 raw, maybe a little more. I should find out about this job in the next three or four days hopefully. If I dont get it I am dropping the running and hitting the gym BIG TIME!!! If I get it I will have to run for about three more months until I am out of the academy and then I will hit the gym BIG TIME!!! Oh well, I will be hitting over 400 in due time. Is your training still going really well??? I havent been on the boards in a while it seems so I havent been keeping up with every one.

By the way I hope your not a Florida Gator fan lol, my boys the Canes stomped their asses last night!!!

Training is ok. I am really getting into my deadlift and squat training more then my bench. Benching always has me in me in pain. If my shoulders heals its another thing in there. But its always the left. Its fuckin incredable that i am goingon a year and a half of pain in that basterd!

Police acadamy is 4 months right? I am gonno go either this Jan or next Aug. I wont ot get more school out of the way. Oh knows i may change my major and do something else. Have you started yet? Or are you fixing too? What do you mean by standerds? I know some fat boys that have gone to the acadamy. I cant imagine them passing a standerd!

Yes i am a Gator fan! My wife made a bet with her boss and today she had to wear Hurricane shit to work. He brought in a shirt for her. And a couple other employees that lost. I tell ya what, the canes looked good last night.

Agreed on the Canes!!! My mom went to school there so Ive been a fan since I was old enough to watch football. That is funny as hell your wife had to wear Miami shit lol.

I am applying to the police department in my county, they pay better than Virginia State Police and have the same insurance/vacations/etc.
    So the academy for that is 4 months, but I may end up being a Corrections Officer in the jail for a few years before I get to go out on the road and do Police work. If I end up getting the job in the jail I will only have to go to a 6 week academy for CO's but then later on I will have to go back to the academy for four months for the police academy. But they have a height/weight/bodyfat standard upon the hire date but as far as after your hired I dont think they stick to it. I havent even gotten the job yet, I am just preparing for it because if I get it I will be leaving for the academy around the end of September or the first of October.

I didnt know you were planning on being in law enforcement. Are you trying to get your degree in Criminal Justice??? I have my Associated Degree in Administration of Justice and I am about a year away from having my BS in Criminal Justice. I will finish mine up eventually but I really want to get some damn money coming in soon.

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    HELL YEA SOLID dude that game was FUCKIN TIGHT I'm a UM fan myself b/c my cousin went there so ever since I was about 8 i've loved them and of course I'm from MIAMI so I gotta represent. But I know if they don't win national champs this year they'll get DAMN CLOSE too it.

About your training dude it really sucks, mine has been going good upset I'm tring for on me ME days to widen up my grip some more and it's really fuckin up my lifts for now(I here) so we'll see who gets to that 350 I plan on doing that bench meet in OCT 26 so I'm not going for any raw maxes anytime soon. If you beat me too it we'll race to 400 how's that sound. Plus i'm changing up my routine a lil and throwin in some cardio and 2/day workouts.

Thread Information