deciever is offline Associate Member

PLJAY, im catching up

I was doing my speed bench toady w/ a mini band and some little chains (little chains for little people) and my sets were so fast... i think they were actually under 3 seconds! chains kick ass!

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Dammit lil bro now i gotta work even harder! You young guns always keep me on my toes. When yoru my age, man you are gonna be the next big thing!

Keep training hard bro , you make me proud!

lol than again i was only using like 85lbs plus 1 mini + 20 lbs of chains... so its not that much

It is relative to what we lift. Good job! Dont sell your self short.

solidj55 is offline Member
    - GAL -->

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    way to go man I can't wait til my minis come in this week to see how much of a diff it is benching with them. HOPE my speed increases.

they really help alot...i always thought i was just gettin my sets done in 3 seconds, and now that i video taped it and watched it, it looks so much quicker and is only like 2-2.5 seconds... i was so happy.

I just read this and while I was reading it FED EX knocked on my door I got my bands. Now I know you don't use them on ME days but today is my ME bench day so I'm gonna use them just for the hell of it too see how they feel.

One thing these things are pretty long i'm guessin if i'm doing like bent over rows with them i'll be doubling-tripling the bands right???

i think if you trippled a band, it would probably kill you.

Just get two heavy dumbbel, and place it over the middle of the band, and then put the two ends over the bar..

there ya go, yuo just doubled your mini.

play around with them ,let us know how it goes.

jeremys is offline Associate Member
    THAT's a doubled mini? wow..i thought a person had to fold it in half and then somehow put it on the bar to double it

yup a douhble mini should be like a "U" shape, and have the tops of the "U" should be on the bar, and the bottom of the "U" should be under the dumbell. You could also just fold it in half... no difference.

im new at this kinda stuff so bare with me.. you use 1 band on bench right? instead of 2? thats why it's doubled?

you use one band on each side of the bar... its doubled on each side... look at some videos at growordie.com .. mainly bench ones and you'll see how they are set up.

so its basically impossible to use a band on each side without it being doubled, right?

no, not impossible at all... if you slide one end of the band through the other around a dumbell it makes a knot on the dumbell and then you put the free end on the bar.. and then you have a "choked" mini band.

you can use bands on ME day. Definitly. But speed without a doubt use them.

hey since I used them on ME day does that mean that if the bands weren't on there according to the tension it puts at the top if that weight was on their I could lock it out. I.E. if I have 300 bar weight doubled minis it's 375 at top that means if I have 375lbs bar weight no bands I can lock that out, right?

ehh.. i wouldnt say that..

you see.. at the top it may be 375.. where your sticking point is it may only be 340 or something. its progressive resistance

also, at the very last inch of lockout, it will be 375.. than maybe an inch below its only 370, an inch below that 365. and in below that 360..... you see wher eim going??
    ]
    but i have no doubt that your lockout is definately close to that in a real bench.

AWWW man so basically from sticking point or I should say off the board I did most likely like 350, right??? But when I go by tension and shit it goes up about 5lbs every 1/2 inch or inch or something like that??

i have no clue man! dont let the tension fuck with your head.. just do what you can do. you know your definately strong and got good lockout power, so dont worry about it, just keep on usin the bands and stuff, and enjoy it.

i gotcha bro, aigh I was saying that or wondering b/c I don't know if training with bands on ME days is gonna be a good idea for me, I say this b/c If I don't know how much tension is anywhere really then I really don't know how much weight i'm doing. You get my drift? at least for ME day?

BigArnie is offline Junior Member
    Cubanito, when I got my bands and first started using them I also wanted to do comparisons between band-bench and normal bench (or squat) but I soon figured out that this is meaningless. The bottom line is that the bands are simply a tool to make you strong. How much exactly they weigh compared to a normal bench is besides the point, as long as you keep making progress when using them, then your bench should also be progressing.

if you really want to see how much of a difference the bands make, wait til you get bigger bands to use on squat, and do your speed sets with a lot of band tension, take the bands off and just do a rep.. i did that once, and i almost left the ground

i wouldnt use them on ME day too much.. as they beat your body up.. but everyonce in while you could substitute your bands on De day and use them for ME day.

well mainly I will use them on DE days that's no doubt to it, BUT I wanted to try them so I used them on a ME day to start maybe every month i'll throw tha bands on ME day. BUT I know FOR SURE one thing i'm gonna do are 5board presses E O W after DE days with bands. I think i'll be doing like 3X3 or 4X4 something like that as long as I can explode the weight up and give it hell(GRIMM's idea to get my lockout stronger, didn't wanna take credit for it).

oh ye and deciever about the squat bands I can't wait to order the avg bands next week. Once I get those in I wanna do a set with 135 bar weight and doubled minis and then 135 bar weight and avg bands see if I can tell the diff.

Pretty soon since I use such lil weight for DE day(not that strong yet). If I really wanna get smart with the bands I'll use bar(alone) and doubled avg bands+ doubled minis. :-)

babi is offline Associate Member
    i like to read about this powerlifting stuff but i dont know much about it
    what are the bands and the chains if training with them makes you stronger i would definatly get them

- GAL -->

Thread Information