deciever is offline Associate Member

9/12 DE Bench + new PR

hopefully now that i've gotten your attention.. read on.

Speed bench day today... good day, no doubt.

75 x 3 w/ mini band + 25 lbs of chain total.
    time- approx 2.1 seconds
    85 x 3 w/ mini band + 25 lbs of chain total
    time- approx 2.1-2.2 (with one exception of one that was 2.7 seconds)
    90x2 w/ mini band + 25 lbs of chain total
    time= approx 2.4-2.5 seconds

give or take .2 or 3 on each one, i had my pastor time me w/ a stop watch ,so who knows how accurate it is

im going to save the best for last so here's the rest of my workout

135 x 4 sets of bent over rows (varying from over to underhand grip each time.

wide grip chains, 4 sets of 6.

now for the good part..

decline-
    135 x 6
    165 x 5
    185 x 3(previous PR was 6, and i knew i wasnt going to get it)
    so then i planned on battling my biggest foe in the world...
    :::::::::::200 lbs :::::::::::::::
    205 x 3 .. that 3rd rep had to be the hardest rep i have done IN MY LIFE.. it was such a bitch to get up. but well worth it.

Just thought i'd share.

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    hey man WAY TO GO on the PR you do decline after your DE days everyday or ever now and then????? Or you just wanted to get that 205 barrier. BY THE WAY

WELCOME TO THE 200lb BENCH CLUB. YOUR IN

i just do them every once in a while... i like the way they feel.

im not officially in the 200 lb club.. gotta get it on flat..

jeremys is offline Associate Member
    damn dude..i weigh almost 100 pounds more than you and you're catching up to my bench. scary....hope this will motivate me into some progress

by the way...i know you're a good deadlifter, so do you have any idea what your bench stroke is? just curious...i can get mine down to 10 inches...but i think i feel stronger with less arch and more drive at 11-11.5 inches

my stroke is about 11-11.5 inches im not really built for deadlifting.. i lockout right where everyone else locks their deadlift out. nothing special here.

i see..what does everybody think? shorter stroke and get used to it, or a more natural-feeling bench stroke and just work with that?

shorter!

alright..i dont know about anybody else, but i can squish my upper arms into my chest and when i bench i can push my upper back into the bench, making my stroke ridiculously short. at least thats how it feels..

how short is it exactly? more details would help.

from my chest to the bottom of the bar is 9 inches with my new method. the thing is, you have to have a big/fat chest to squish your arms into to do this right. i swear i got it shorter than this once but i must've had a wider grip and more arch, with a deep breath and pressing the bar on my upper abs.

this today was done with a pretty good arch and middle fingers on the rings
    Last edited by jeremys; 09-12-2002 at 05:39 PM.

i dont know if this will work with a shirt

WTF 11 inch bench stroke are you saying like from your chest to your arms all the way extended holding the bar!!?!?!

DAMNIT I know i'm built for deadlifting but I wish I had a stroke like that. 11 inches goes from my chest to my elbow. I have like a 21 inch bench stroke not positive on that and that's with an arc and pinching shoulder blades together when i'm not doing like it's like 23 inches. I HATE LONG ARMS.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Good Job deciever. You been wanting that over 200 barrier. Now you can put it behind you and go for 300lbs. Training must be good!

take a look at the taiwanese women who have a 1 inch bench stroke, or colin pooh bear rhodes who has like a 6 1/2 stroke.
    dude., i know where your coming from. . i was a former 19 inch bench stroker my self. then i moved my grip out wide.

I've got a friend who used to have a 20 inch bench stroke, and is now at around a 13-15 inch bench stroke.. just gotta tinker with your form.
    Originally posted by Cubanito17
    WTF 11 inch bench stroke are you saying like from your chest to your arms all the way extended holding the bar!!?!?!

DAMNIT I know i'm built for deadlifting but I wish I had a stroke like that. 11 inches goes from my chest to my elbow. I have like a 21 inch bench stroke not positive on that and that's with an arc and pinching shoulder blades together when i'm not doing like it's like 23 inches. I HATE LONG ARMS.

MiniOkie is offline New Member
    Good job deciever!

thanks

mini okie.... hmmmm..

are you just a shrunken version of bigokie??

deciever about bigokie thing I was thinking the same thing.

And now that you said mess around with your bench stroke MON I'ma measure my bench stroke in diff grips not necessarily just b/c i'm wider is it gonna be less but wherever I am shorter than i'ma work just that grip to get used to it. Thanks for the idea, HERE comes some more PR I just found a way to fix another problem/weakness.

good for you man.. cant wait to here about the new PRs.. and keep workin on getting those pics up.

OH about the pics I was trying to find them on the cam and clear up the bluriness well i found out NOT to press format that erases ALL the pics. So i have to make sure not to press that button next time I get the pics on monday. So I'll be takin pics of 3 boards. And then just for the hell of it i'ma set up how I normally set up the bands so you guys can see and then i'll take some pics of me and for the ones that know me can see that eating( i told PLJAY my diet he said if he ate like me he would be 300lbs) is VERY POWERFUL thing and I LOVE FOOD.

Thread Information