Thread: 9-11 ME bench

jeremys is offline Associate Member

9-11 ME bench

results arent in yet. im sitting in my shirt right now, waiting for it to warm up. took about 5 mins to get it on today. still painful slack in the upper lat/armpit part but i'll just bear with it. wish me luck.

goodbye

deciever is offline Associate Member
    dude, yuor sitting there in a bench shirt typing to us.. get your ass in the gym!!!!

seriously though , good luck.. dont think about the pain, just think about moving the weight.

goddamn it, fucking hey!! this shirt does diddley shit for me. i got 325 off a 3 board....and the shirt hurts like hell. i dont mind that it hurts. but its fucking weird. its so tight but yet 135 touches on warmups. SO needless to say, i'm pretty torked.

rest of it looks like this:

JM's: 115x3x2 sets
    Seated Shoulder Press: 95x10x2 sets
    cuban press: 45 lb bar 4 sets of 8

by the way deceiver, i dont go to a gym anymore. i have only 390 pounds of weights and a bench. getting a squat rack for christmas, oh, anybody wanna hear another problem i got? probably not, but i'm telling you anyway..

i ordered my bands like 2 weeks ago. seems i have to wait another week and a half. i thought the person i was ordering from told me within 2 weeks. what the frick

/>
    hope you get the bands soon.. if not, kill the person who said 2 weeks...

thanks..and im too lazy to go pinch a person in guatemala or wherever jump stretch is...

btw, i dont have a standard blast. i have the "high performance heavy duty blast" which is such a load of shit to me

GRIMMER is offline Junior Member
    I tried on an EHPHD the other night that was a little loose and got almost 50 lb more off the three board than without the shirt. I'm stumped , just work with it some more and grow into it.

grow into it? i think my body pinches the shirt in the armpits because there's ALWAYS some slack there, no matter what. im very confused as to why 135 touches

and when i say that my body pinches the slack...i dont mean slack in like an inch that could possibly slide down. it's always a really tight wrinkle

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    thats what I hate a bout polys, they dont help a lot unless you got them sized right. If they are too loose, they dont help, and yes...if they are too tight, they dont work. I actually spoke to John about this on the phone friday. He said if you get the poly too tight, you loose some of the spring/rebound properties. The reason being, poly material gets its power from streching. If you have a it stretched beyond its max (Like with a super tight shirt) you have no rebound properties when you try to take a weight.

The same thing if the shirt is too loose. If its too loose, then you will never stretch the shirt enough to gain benefit from the rebound properties.

Any of that make sense?

chad
    carolinapower.net

it makes a lot of sense. i just dont know what to do now. drop weight? i'd hate that

i mean, i'd really hate that. i'd go into a state of crazy manic depression...no cookies for a couple weeks...im not kidding, i'd go medevil on everyone

fOOd is your friend, eat eat. The good thing is, the shirt should fit a little looser after a few times. Just dont wash it.

chad
    carolinapower.net

alright...we'll see how that works

after this upcoming contest, should i maybe send my shirt back and get a denim or something? or my money back and buy a different shirt? i hate this thing..it just doesnt seem right

if i get a denim, i wont be able to lift in too many comps around here(denim=nono in these feds) but next fall i can drive so i can go out of state to do meets. of course i'll give this thing a couple weeks yet..

I assume you lift with the USAPL? If so denim is allowed, but no velcro. One of the worse experiences of my life was being stuffed into a non-velcro denim. Then turning around and helping my old training partner get in one (he was about 330). Never again.

If you can't get velcro...don't get a denim. But if this shirt you have doesn't 'feel' right, you need something else. Bench shirts have like this magical power...when you have the right one..you just know it. I used to have a back up shirt..a denim, and I hated it. When I put it on, I knew I would bench like crap in it.

Basically, just go with what you got for this contest. You can only return the shirt after 14 days...which I am assuming has past already; however, if your shirt blows within 6-8 weeks (one of those time frames, cant remember), Inzer will replace it (or credit towards a different style shirt). So, if after the contest, you don't like it...I would mysteriously make it blow.

Hopefully soon I will have a Titan Fury, Inzer Phenom, Inzer Double Denim, and maybe a Karin Double denim. I will give you an honest opinion on what I think of them. I am far from a great bencher, but I can provide my personal insight.

As of now, I would say a radical cut Inzer denim is the best shirt I have used. As far as Inzer Polys go...I never got much out of the. I have tried all the polys...Blast, HD, HPHD, EHPHD....they are tight, but don't provide much increasing my bench. If I am going to fork out 100-200 bucks on a shirt, I want the SOB to work as good as possible.

For now....for focus on your contest....do the best you can with the shirt ya got.

chad
    carolinapower.net

thanks so much. pm me on tips to make my shirt blow...shh..i hope nobody from inzer reads this

do i have to make it blow to save money? or would i still have to send it back and pay shipping?
    Last edited by jeremys; 09-12-2002 at 07:30 PM.

i lift in any fed that i can find. right now it's nasa, denim is allowed, but only single ply

You have to pay shipping to send it back.

I believe NASA allows velcro...buuutttt, I wouldn't get a single denim radical cut..in fact, you can't (according to John Inzer). Both of my blew...one blew severly (split down the arm..basically splitting the arm in half).

Maybe this Inzer Phenom will be worth a darn. Inzer himself told me that this shirt will rival denim, if not, make denim obsolete.

chad
    carolinapower.net

sounds like the titan shirt... be interested in how they compare.. especially with the 80$ price difference..

i have to send it back though, if it blows, right? so should i just send it back without trying to blow it or should i blow it so no other poor guy has to even look at this thing again

If it blows, send it back. If not, you will have a poly rag laying around. The return on a shirt is 14 days. And it has to be unused. If you send it back after your contest, and its no blown..they may just send it back at your expense. I had that happen before.

/chad
    carolinapower.net

since i'm a cheap bastard... if i get nothing out of it, i blow it pretty good, then i send it back..and they give me a new shirt or my money back, right? when does it have to blow by? where can i find this out?

do they ask any questions or assume the blowout actually happened?

Nah, you're not a cheap bastard...you just want your moneys worth like rest of us. The blowout guarantee for poly is either 6 or 8 weeks (I am pretty sure it is 6 weeks). You just call Inzer and tell them your shirt blew out. They should give you an RMA (return merchandise authorization) number. They will ask you at that time what you want to do (replace or refund). You can either replace it, apply the money into towards another shirt, or get a refund (not including shipping).

They wont ask questions about how it blew out, but it should blow out at a seam, not in the center of the shirt or something like that.

The nice thing about denim is that has a 6 month blow out guarantee.
    The fury (titan) has a 1 year blow guarantee.

chad
    carolinapower.net

ok. after the meet, it'll most likely be going back. you pm'ed me with 1 way to blow a shirt, whats another? i dont see a need to pm me this i guess, maybe somebody else could benefit from this

You can also just pull apart on one the armpit seams. Get you and and friend to pull on either side of it.

chad
    carolinapower.net

Thread Information