deciever is offline Associate Member

Everyone check this out. especially irish and musc2002pa(video clip inside)

http://powerlifting.0catch.com/Jason...0bench%202.mpg
    this is my speed bench in my basement when i couldnt make it to the gym.

its 85 lbs (25 + 7 1/2 + 2 1/2 on each side) + a 15 lb bar. yeah i know, 15 lb bar, its all i had, so i deal with it. it was done with a mini band and 25 lbs of chain. Speed is good. please comment on it,

my first video! just copy and paste it into the URL bar and watch away. small file, so it wont be long.

a few questions- how do i convert it to a WMV file, currently im recording in MPG and the files are huge.. almost 2 megs for a 5 second clip.

Jagermeister is offline Junior Member
    it didn't work

http://powerlifting.0catch.com/

click on Jason than benchpress than the speed bench clip

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    holy shit...that bastard is pretty damn strong..great work who ever that is. I only wish I was that strong at his age.

By the way did any one notice those shoes? (deadlift) no flame bro! Just bustin your chops. Really great work. You have a lot going for you if you decide to keep it up.
    Last edited by Shredz; 09-13-2002 at 08:45 PM.

those shoes are old man lsippers from walmart. i forgot to order deadlift slippers so i had to substitute.

and that little bastard is me

i just felt like showing my speed bench... i just know i need to keep my elbows in alot more when benching...
    Last edited by deciever; 09-13-2002 at 08:52 PM.

just figuredd out how to convert them to wmv files.. wasnt necessasry didnt compress them much.

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    Deciever, damn good speed bro! Keep up that kind of speed...it makes me feel slow when I watch it.

To put this is a WMV file, you need Windows Movie Makeer (thats what the WMV stands for). It comes with Windows ME and XP. If you don't have one of those versions of windows, then I suppose you'd have to buy it.

How are you transfering your videos to the computer?

I see that free site wouldnt let you remote link to the videos, that sucks...but just build up a video page like you did in that 2nd link. I am still using 100mb site, and havent used up quite half of it yet.

If you dont have the windows movie make, I will try to convert it for you and email you the video if you like. Keep up the fast speed BP!!!

chad
    carolinapower.net

well i downloaded a program to convert it.. i forgot about windows movie maker, which i do have on my XP

i captured the video off of my tv /video card. i just spent hours trying to download the correct driver for xp which i couldnt find, and then captured the video with a program..

i acutally just found a free site that supposedly gives you unlimited webspace, and 5 gigs of bandwith a month... i'll let you know how that goes.

thanks for the comment on the speed.. i want PL jay to see this. see if he thinks im catching up.

hopefully, i'll be posting up videos every now and then, just like you !

I tried doing that myself. I could get it to work. Thats when I bought that Dazzle software.

Unlimited webspace would be great...the 5gig band width may go fast (depending on how many vids you got), but maybe they have a way to buy extra bandwidth?

Mine is just the opposite. I have all the bandwidth I want, just limited space. I guess you cant have your cake and eat it to!

chad
    carolinapower.net

Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member
    Did you notice that your back is actually coming off the bench at the top of the bench!!!! I think PL would be proud (and a little nervous that you might catch him ). Keep it up. Have you tried close grip on DE day for speed?? Just curious as I normally keep the grip in.

Oc

haha yeah, one time i almost knocked the wind out of me, cause i slammed down pretty hard...

i've tried a narrow grip, but never a really close one.. maybe i'll give it a shot next week.

its been brought to my attention that that site has tons of popups.. since i have a popupblocker i dont notice it.

so if you dont want the pop ups,

use this URL..

http://galileo.spaceports.com/~deciever/

just copy and paste that, and you should only get one little popup

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    I cant get it to work. MY Computer is acting up today anyway. BUt at glad to hear your getting freaky fast!!

Wait till this kid is mid 20's!! Shit. Keep it up.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Nice clips bro, keep up the good work!

thanks.. hopefully i'll get a video up of my deadlift (ugly as all hell) up this week too, if i test them.

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    hey man I couldn't see the vid but keep up the good work. I can't wait til both of us are in our 20's you in your early me in my mid 20's hopefully by that time we'll do a meet together. It's cool to meet people that you talk about training with, ALL OVER. By that time we won't have to worry about our $$flow.

On a side note, please dont give this out to everyone.. You guys are a select few(along with a few people from elite) who will get to see the videos. I have limited bandwith- (5 gigs on my new site), so i dont want to use it all up.

Cubanito and PLJay, did you try http://galileo.spaceports.com/~deciever/
    you need to copy and paste that in the URL bar.

Do you guys think i should raise my speed weight? At least enough so i dont fly off the bench on some of my reps?
    any suggestions?

hey bro well see I have a PIECE OF SHIT COMP. Now I was tellin my parents that for college seriously i'ma need a labtop. SOOOO for those comp geniuses which would be a good labtop that I can do all this shit and including have good software like windows XP and shit. And one that will allow my comp to be fast and then I can get on here alot more frequently instead of whenever this P O S decides to work.

hey I was able to DL your 135 single and your speed looks good BUT one thing, not a flame, it seems like you bench elbows out. Instead of tucked in or are you workin on that. i know I had to get used to REALLY tucking them in.

they're not as tucked as i would like them to be, but they're not fully out... maybe at 60 degree angle to my body. I try to keep them in, i just find it difficult to go like 45 degrees in with a wider grip..

thanks for being one of the first people to actually critique my form

more videos are up.. started a training journal like irishes with contest results..... if you want a good laugh look at the unsanctioned contest.. haha...

also, i think it may be the angle, so next time i video tape it, i'll get an angle from the side or something.. so you can see that my elbows are kinda tucked, im pushing in a straight line....etc

jeremys is offline Associate Member
    i dont have any bands yet, not until 2-3 days..so right now on my speed days, i fly up off the bench too. but if i up the weight a little bit, eventually i'm not flying up but my speed is way too slow.

is the point of speed day just to keep getting used to lifting explosively or to gradually keep using a little heavier weight every 2 weeks or whatever while maintaining speed?

IrishPower is offline Junior Member
    i cant get any of the vids to show.... is anyone else having success?

which site did you try irish?

I got them to work from here galileo.spaceports.com/~deciever/. The other links wont work since the free site blocks remote linking.

chad
    carolinapower.net

yeah thanks musc. that site you linked is going to be the main site.. less pop ups, more space more bandwith.

Im starting up a journal ala irish has his... im a mini irish in the making.

Most likely i wont have much max effort up there as i do speed work, but you'll get a good sense of my workout and stuff.

jeremys is offline Associate Member
    is the point of speed day just to keep getting used to lifting explosively or to gradually keep using a little heavier weight every 2 weeks or whatever while maintaining speed?
    ?? bump

hey deciever it's ok man I'm waitin til I put up some pics so you guys can see my bench form. I know goin wider does fuck up the elbows tucked in.

cubanito- i'll think you'll like this picture.. just copy and paste the URL.

galileo.spaceports.com/~deciever/deadlift/reversehyper-setup.jpg
    my ghetto reverse hyper set up.

i really think that once i start video taping most of my workouts, i''ll progress alot faster. because then yuo can all critique me because you can actually see me.
    Last edited by deciever; 09-15-2002 at 06:26 PM.

hey man I'll check out the pic. I wish I could vid tape my workouts I mean my g/fs dig cam has 20 seconds of vid but accordin to my brother if I put them on my comp it'll take ALL NIGHT to upload. Our comp is a true piece of shit.

dude when you have an unused foozball table to do that shit THATS FUCKIN GHETTO hey man if it works for ya go for it. Fo real

its just hard to do the actual reverse hypers on.. i kinda bounce around and stuff.. still feels nice though.

Do you have cable or dial up modem? if u need help hit me up on AOL or something if you have it.

hey man I have a 56k that connects, WHEN I'M LUCKY, at 21600 on AOL b/c I live out in the country and we get no service out here. My AOL name is Cubanito727 I don't know yours so if your on, you got it. And about the pics today in the afternoon hopefully by then you would have gotten to me so I can post some pics.

Thread Information