Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kennelly's is offline New Member

APA Worlds Kennelly Power Team Results

We had a pretty good meet yesterday. Everyone hit some good numbers, and a few made some outstanding lifts.

Ironmaiden181 hit - 303 @ 175 !!!!!!! Thats a WORLD RECORD!!!!!! She did great, she also won best female lifter!!! She almost locked out 314, but she's planning on hittin' it in a couple weeks and she's definetely good for it (no jetlag hee hee).
    Melissa Kennelly got her Washington State open 132 record with an easy 142 and just missed 152. She's close to getting the other record which is a WABDL junior record, she'll go for that in reno in 5 weeks.
    Ryan Kennelly shot up an easy opener of 711 then went up to 766 and had shirt problems. Next he tried 804, still had shirt problems and the same with the next attempt of 805. The strength is in the tank, but the shirt wasn't cooperative yesterday unfortunately. **If it can't touch, it can't really have a chance to go back up** He'll have another shot in reno in 5 weeks at the WABDL worlds.
    Musclehed275 shot up his opener with no difficulty, which was 501. His next attempt was 540 and had it nearly locked out and just missed. He'll get it though, think the time change really screwed with his system, on top of losing 18 pounds in 1 week to make weight. His shirt disappeared on us after the meet, so if ya happen to have one in your bag that looks unfamiliar that may be why.
    The rest of our team members did great. We took first place in every division entered and walked with 1st place as a team. Hopefully we'll have this kind of good luck at all meets to come.

GRIMM is offline Junior Member
    Congratulations to all of ya'll. Glad to here things went well. We know you will all come back and get your misses in the next few weeks/months. Great job

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Congrats in deed. Man jet lag has to be hard to get used too. Good job to all.
    Ryan is still the best out there.

IronMaiden you need to get in the Arnold Classic in the next year and make your mark known to the world. Outstanding! You are one hell of a lifter!

Musclehed 18lb is a lot. But like i said jet lag has to be considered. Was the shirt fitting right after yoru weight loss? either way 501 opener is a great lift. You knwo you got 550 plus. Next time man.

Melissa is gettign dam strong as well. Its somehting in the Kennelly household that they drink!

Awesome team guys 1st in all catagories. Way to go.

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    way to go on the lifts guys

I'm guessing jet leg is loosing weight quick and not fittin in the shirt????!?

k1401 is offline Junior Member
    Great job to all!

Cubanito17.....Jet Lag is from flying across time zones, your body gets screwed up. I'm thinking it was from Fla to Washington State (?) 3-4hrs
    different (always get the zones confused)

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    borkomega, you made a really ignorant statement there.

First off, rubber shirts aren't legal. Since you don't know the difference between rubber and denim, its obvious you are a little 'slow' in the head.

Second, Kennelly's grip was not illegal. One index finger was slightly outside the ring, the other was slightly inside the ring. The rule books states that you cannot excede 82cm. You can place your hands in any fashion you'd like on the bar, as long as the spacing of 82cm is maintained. Ryan maintained this distance, so the grip is legal.

Third, did you know Mendelson also uses a bench shirt? He has stated that the meet he did yesterday was a 'workout' in preperation for his meet in November. You are ignorant if you don't think that Kennelly can handle 700lbs without a shirt.

chad
    carolinapower.net

nice reply Chad

I'm very glad someone else said something, thank you musc2002. Borkomega, not sure who you are, but I'm positive that you're not an 800 pound bencher, so don't talk as though you are. Its the people like you that make this sport ugly, too bad you feel as though ripping apart the best bencher in the sport brings you some satisfaction. Scot made an outstanding lift this past weekend, and we'd like to say congrats. If it is that important to you to know what Ryan does raw though, well he does 670 in the gym without his shirt (with a pause) when he's getting ready to compete. He's not a raw bencher though, so we don't know what he'd be capable of if he did happen to train that way to see what he could do.

Arguing over this is pointless. Ryan is #1 with an 800 pound bench. Scot Mendleson got 701 raw, that is awesome, what is there to argue about? They are both great benchers, who is better is yet to be determined when we see what Scot puts up at the Bench for Cash. We don't doubt that Scot can get 800, he's one strong dude.

Slow down kid!

You have an opionion and thats fine, Do not talk smack about me or my team, your just a KID and have not put in your time, probably dont even have pubic hair yet??????

Let me see if I can understand this broken english you are using. I guess I will have to excuse your ignorance based on your age....but there board members who are your junior, but exhibit much more maturity and class, not mention, better english useage.

As far as Kennelly never benching 701, what makes you an expert? Did you pay attention at all to the Kennelly post? Ryan doesn't train to be a raw bencher, in fact, I seriously doubt that Ryan feels it is necessary to go to a 100% raw max. Why risk it?

As for my site...your ignornace shines through again. Its not a team.

Does this forum have a spell check option? LoL.

Good luck to both Ryan and Scot.

chad
    carolinapower.net

You're such an idiot borkomega...and thats all I have to say. Aren't you supposed to be in school right now......where's a moderator.

hey borkomega this isn't goheavy.com so if you wanna talk smack go over there and do it and they'll blow you away. On here we ALL support each other. When you bench 800#'s then MAYBE someone will listen to ya but for right now your just a nobody.

Scot is strong I'll give him that but I've tried a double denim like ryan uses and I can't get it to work and it doesn't add 100#'s to everyones bench I'll tell you that. Maybe scott has tried it and doesn't like it or can't work it right but good for RYAN that he can work it and makes this sport better by someone benching 800+.

And about rankin on chad's site unless you have a site that's better than his then you can't really say shit bout it bro.

I just think your out to rank on people. So go back to HS and talk shit to kids their and see how bad of an ASS WHOOPIN you get.

Note to chad: sorry bro the language thing honestly does come with the age, and where your from.(I.E. i'm 18 and from MIAMI)

Atleast you can spell though Cuba!

chad
    carolinapower.net

GRIMM is offline Junior Member
    borkomega, whats your problem! Do you even compete? Scott may be one of the best raw benchers with a 701 but until he puts up 800+ in competition with or without a shirt i don't care , the Title belongs the Mr. Kennelly.
    Now shut your mouth because you don't know jack shit about anything!

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Who is the greatest bencher is a matter of opinion partly - but I see them bothat as great and doing a heck of a bunch more than I ever will, shirt or not.

borkomega - you are entitled to your opinion and encourage a spirited debate on the concept of shirt VS no-shirt but that debate will be done with a respectfull attitude to all involved. Period.

I am sure powerlifterjay can take care of these things but I just happened by.

Cycleon, this is off the subject...but you have made 65000 posts...avg 281 a day? Where do you find the time! lol

/chad
    carolinapower.net

First off if you have any back ground info on Mendolson you will know that he did 620 in 2001 at 255lbs. He also used to use a double slingshot denim shirt (as you put it). In fact i belive its June 2002 in his interview he was doing doubles in the gym to get ready for his first ever 700 lb bench in the worlds last year. On his opener his 2x denim velcro (same material and layer as Kennelly) shirt split right down the middle. His back up shirt was a 2x poly velcro (a hand me down from JM Blakely). He then smoked 701 and 716 and just missed 733. In his own words " i get way more out of my poly then i ever did with the denim".

You are intitled to your opinion. But in his sacred 2x poly shirt his best is 765lbs. No one cares about raw. I know Ryan doesnt. And i would bet anythign that Ryan would destroy 701 raw! Have you ever even seen the poundages Ryan trains with? I am sure Scot will go over 800lbs. I also know Ryan will end up with 825 plus. Now i gave you my opinion. I did it without discrediting any lifter. Both Men are sponsered by Inzer and have any shirt they want at there disposal. The field is equal.

Check your PM

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Originally posted by musc2002pa
    Cycleon, this is off the subject...but you have made 65000 posts...avg 281 a day? Where do you find the time! lol
    Actually, it only took me about 30 secs to go to the little panel and change the thinggie But I set it on 100K but it doesnt go that far

VDOP is offline New Member
    Dammit borkomega!!!

If nothing else, couldnt you show respect to the Kennellys for the time and effort they spend posting here trying to help others out?

Fuck, I'll be glad when I get to your level and dont need help from experienced lifters.

If you had wanted to just state your opinion and EVEN start a debate, you could have done that with a little tact, and not resorted to taking anyting away away from Ryan or his lift. He doesnt have a damn thing he has to prove to anyone, so I doubt you would have hurt his feelings.

BigArnie is offline Junior Member
    Can't somebody ban this borkomega idiot? I left Elitefitness in the first place because of assholes like this! I come here to learn from the best bench presser of all time, not to listen to crap like this. If Scott starts posting here I'll be very glad because I respect both men equally.

I agree with BigArnie! And I hope that the Kennelly's don't stop posting here because of this "NO-it all" I think we're all here to learn from each other, not to put anyone down (except little kids like borkomega)
    PLjay or some of the other Fla crew, maybe you can look him up in Tampa and EXPLAIN it to him in person..........

ironmaiden181 is offline Female Member
    borka---- Damn dude... don't get your panties all in a wad... Ryan said that he respects Scot's lifts.... no one on here is saying that Scot's not strong... They are just saying that right now Ryan is the World Record Holder and that is undisputed.... Ryan has alot more strength in him as does Scot... BUT.... Ryan's raw 670 in the gym was paused and Scot's 700 was touch and go!!!! That has to be taken into concideration!!! So RELAX!!! Your going to have a heartattack before your out of highschool!! And besides your repeating yourself every post....
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

Back to the orginal post.... Thanks Little girl and PLjay, for the surport!! I'm really proud of my lift (I finally got that 300 mark broken) I hope that I'll keep moving up at the Nationals and meets there after.... I'm setting my goal at 320 or 325 in the next few months!!! I shouldn't have a problem getting that... I don't think that its to far out of reach in that time limit!! And PLjay I would love to get in the Arnold... Just to say that I was on the stage with the best.... That is the accomlisment in itself!! I have all the respect in the world for those girls!!

Good news on Musclehed275's shirt.... it did turn up and someone has it in the mail as we speak.... Of course this is after I ordered another one!!lol He will have no probem either hitting the numbers that he expected too at the next meet.... I don't think that he will drop a weight class though..... He stays so lean year round .... He looked like the was getting ready for a bodybuilding show.... Pretty awesome if I do say so myself!!! :P I don't remember who asked that flight time but it was about a 9 hour flight( that is counting the jumper flight also).... 3 hour time change!!! All in all we were traveling 12 hours to get there one way!! I'm glad to have all those plane rides out of the way!!!

Ryan and Melissa.... Thanks so much for everything.... We had a wonderful time.... Hope that we can repay the favors in Dec!!! I'm going to talk to Scott on that, this week!!! I'll let you know some thing so that we can arrange your trip reservations if you decide to come to the sunny state!!
    Last edited by ironmaiden181; 10-15-2002 at 06:55 AM.
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

musclehed275 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all your support guys...PLJAY...my freakin shirt was like a leizure suit!!!!! It was awful!! Im staying up at 259-260+ from now on! The hell with that...as you can see, i dropped my opener to 500, it was easy, but no pop! I went 540, a weight i have hit a million times, and would get it to lock out and couldnt finish it! Im going to the nationals, and just keep my weight up! I was really hoping on around 600, just no power with that weight loss!
    bogerman, what ever the hell your name is...did you forget, Scott M only hit 766 with the, as you put it, double rubber band shirt, and the rule states, the skin needs to touch the ring, his thumb is over it, why dont you figure out what the hell your talking about before you pop off at the mouth! If Scott is Arnold and ryan is whatever you said, whats that make you?? PEE WEE herman! Scott touched and goed the 701, so talk your crap some where else!

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by borkomega
    Scot Mendelson is alot better benchr then kennelly Scot Mendelson bench 701raw kennelly bench 800 in a double rubbber slingshot shirt with a illegal grip(past the rings)
    Negative comments are not welcome here. If you think Scot is a better bench presser, you are entiltled to you are opinion, but there is no need to post those comments in a thread about the Kennelly Power Team's meet results.

Ermantroudt

HEY HOW BOUT BANNING THIS KID.

Chad thanks on the spellin comment.

Kennelly right now has the record and thats it I feel it's gonna stay that way, SCOT will come in SECOND.

I'm thinking boger that you want to be KENNELLY and you CAN'T b/c your a PEE ON so your tryin to bust his balls.

Like I said before since you LOVE to repeat yourself take this crap over to GOHEAVY. If you can't tell no one wants you round.

PLJAY and old elitefitness crew do you guys think he could be SSALEXSS our bitch. I'm starting to think that.

musclehed275 is offline Junior Member
    We didnt say how aceinthehole did...the 18 yr old, he opened with 305...easy, 335, easy, 365, very easy, went for a 4th, to break the 18-19 world record, BOOM!!! hit 374 very easy, but his ass came up!!! he was on fire! All four attempts looked the same! it never looked hard! hes gonna be a doozie fellas!!!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Borlomega, you have been warned repeatedly about showing respect. You are entitled to any opininon you want (regardless of how ignorant it is), but if you wish to remain a member here at AR you will abide by our rules or you will be out!! Are we clear?!?!

BTW....this kind of crap does not fly around here "you said something about SCOT and ryan going to be at the same meet well ryan if i was you i would start takeing more roides i here masterbolan is good for strenght.tell me somethings what r u going say if scot breaks ryan wold reocrd."

This is your FINAL warning!

bigokie is offline Junior Member
    Congrats to all! Those are great lifts and everyone should be proud of there lifts. Ryan, 711 is still very impressive, even with shirt problems. That's crazy. You'll get it figured out soon and reset the record, again!

Off topic, but you mentioned a while back that you were doing a write up on your training, just wondering if you knew when or where it was gonna be published.

Thanks and congrats!

Mugs is offline Anabolic Member
    C-YA!!!

Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

aaaaaahhhhhhhh........he's gone....what a relief..............

bork-omegaa is offline On Probation
    scot is a lot better becher then ryan will evey be.ryan go put on your rubber suit and just try to mach scot awesome power if you can
    loser

hey that kid bokomega is stronge he bench 360 at 17 weight180 thats great hes going to be the next scot Mendolson

wait thats me
    you want some come lift some

BELLICOSE is offline Banned
    I'd ban your ass......too bad i'm not a mod.

! will see you in St Pete. You dis respect this board and its members blatnly. Musclehed275 will also be in St Pete. Lets see how disrespectful you are there.

This Boy is an ediot. The guys he trains with wears denim.

Banning is on its way. I think he was once but signed under a new name. Added a letter.

I think i know who he is personally though. He was at my last meet filming. I could be wrong though. BUt we'll see.

deciever is offline Associate Member
    i love how he practically challenges a near 700 bencher to a put up or shut up contest when he said 'want some come lift some"

I'd really like to see this "rubber suit" myself! I was unaware that they made a "rubber suit"....hmmm

Don't you just love it when tiny men act big in the comfort of their home....HIDING BEHIND THE COMPUTER!!!

Just one question for you bork.......do you ride the "special kids" little yellow school bus to school? I only ask because you're obviously not too bright.

Do you really think you're that great of a bencher? I think not. We have a WOMAN on our team who is benching close to what you are.....get a life geek.

So bork is going to be in St. Pete in two weeks huh? Hmmmmm........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information