bigokie is offline Junior Member

ME Low box squat question

Did ME Low box today. Was the first time I'd used this box before, had to dig it out of the aerobics room! It is LOW for me. I believe it is about 10-11". Which if anyone knows me, I'm 6'4.5" tall.

My question is how do other peoples low box numbers compare to there regular box squat or full squat? Just curious.

Thanks everyone

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    Bigokie! Did you fall onto the box??? If you are 6'4½" tall, then I think 10-11" is toooooo low. I am 6'0" and I would use about 11-12"...my parallel box was around 13½-14". Find out what your parallel box height is and go about 2-3" below that.

chad
    carolinapower.net

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    Chad is right on with the box height! I am 6'3", and just the thought of getting onto a 10" box causes some hip discomfort! My best box max is 385, with canvas bottoms on, off a 14.5 inch box. I made 275 and 70lbs of chain off of a 12" box, with poly suit bottoms.

Ermantroudt

Nope, didn't fall onto the box. I got down without falling at all. My hips were sore, but that is what I want. I need something to hit my hips hard. I did these off a 11" box and I barely missed 365, got it off the box but just couldn't get thru sticking point. I'm hoping to get 405 next time.

Ermantroudt, just out of curiosity, what is your squat max? Also, where did you find canvas briefs at? I tried to find some to try but haven't yet.

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    "Ermantroudt, just out of curiosity, what is your squat max? Also, where did you find canvas briefs at? I tried to find some to try but haven't yet."

Ermantroudt

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    I find a huge difference in a 1" 1/2. I mean on a 13 inch box i am hittin good. Thats below parallel for me easily. Way below i am out of my power groove (if you wanna call it that)! But from the weight you used thats a pretty good workout. How was the speed?

Real good off the box. Then a couple inches up I ground down, then once past there could blow up to lockout. I really think these will bring up my hips.

So how much lower is your low box than your paralel box?

Thanks

Thread Information