BELLICOSE is offline Banned

ouch...torn hamstring!

Yep, was doing ME deads today. Worked up to 365 with chains, but couldn't quite get it. Moved down to 400 withouht chains and i was about 1 foot off the ground, i raised my butt and did sort of a good morning out. I felt a deep pop in the middle of the back of my leg.
    Dropped the weight and fell on the nearest machine. Hurt bad when it first happened, feeling better now, and i hope i can be healed in 2 weeks
    Just found out that in my division, i can easily break the FL teen deadlift record with 400lbs and i could probably get 465 right now.
    Ice and stretching for 2 weeks!!

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    belli what division are you in and what record are you shoooting for????
    age,weight,fed

age 17
    weight: 240lbs
    Fed: APA
    The record is 395lbs

The hamstring is feeling much better today, i can walk without much of a limp.

ironmaiden181 is offline Female Member
    If your not.... you need to be icing it.... 20 mins on 20 mins off...

It must not be torn all the way so that is good .... Take an antinflaminatory also with... Advil or IBprofin.... Vioxx (maybe) I know that is for joints but it might help with muscle also.... I don't know maybe someone else in here might know!

Good luck!!!
    Kennelly Power Team
    The Elite Few!

ok, its been two days:
    I'm off the advil for now, will go get more today. I've been taking 800mg every 4 hours. Iced it a couple times yesterday. Only time it hurts is when i walk or do a good morning movement, and when i walk it only hurts when i fully extend it. I'll keep ya'll posted, Hope it heals before St.Pete!

allright, we're at the one week mark, and i think i'll be able to deadlift at the comp.
    I've been taking 800mg ibu every 4 hours and icing a couple times a day as well as stretching.
    Yesterday Grimm had me do a couple sets of speed squats and band good-mornings.
    I am going to stop with the ice, and increase the stretching.

BigBad is offline Banned
    Dude, get to your trainer at school. Make sure to ask for stim and ultrasound. I tore my hammy in college and it wasn't fun, out for 5 weeks. I would also recommend going to a LMT twice a week; if the muscle knotted up (like mine did) he/she will be able to massage it out (not fun) and also loosen your legs up. Take time off to allow for a FULL recovery, or else your will continue to injure it (trust me). Good luck.
    -BB

Thread Information