lifter405 is offline Junior Member

anyone read about the human genome project?

this is not a joke. there is an article in plUSA partly about the human genome project. the univ. of penn. is doing research on rats and mice. they give them one injection and only one ever and the results are incredible. the injection changes the genes that have to do with strength and endurance. the rats that they put on a treadmill were said to have enormous muscles. they are going to start the injections on dogs this year and soon on humans. the injections weren't actually made for athletes, but they will be used by athletes. the article says that other countries are doing the same research. they are doing this mainly for older people with atrophied muscles and brittle bones. you are supposed to be able to heal injuries faster and compete for longer since your muscles and bones will be stronger at an older age. another plus is that there aren't any side effects in rats and they don't believe that there will be side effects in humans either. anyway, i have read elsewhere about this and the study is saying pretty much that this is going to blow steroids away. what are your guys thoughts about this?

samoth is offline Member
    Interesting... any links to the studies?

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    Ya, I'de also like to see those studies.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Yeah very interesting studies. We need some sources on this for those who want to further research this topic.

lifter405 is offline Junior Member
    the best way to find some sites on this subject is to do a search on growth factor satellite cells or growth factor stem cells. but the shit you will be reading gets really technical. if i find a good site i will post it. but for now i will quote something. the patient (or rat) for now, is injected with a growth factor similar to insulin . the growth factor changes the genes and stimulates the growth of stem cells (or satellite cells) which makes muscles grow. then, when muscles are trained the satellite cells divide and make new muscle tissue. so i think what they are trying to say is that not only does it cause hypertrophy, it also causes hyperplasia. meaning the muscles don't only grow, they create more muscle cells. which cannot be done with steroids . also, even without excercise the rats grew stronger and bones became stronger and bodyfat decreased. i don't know if i already wrote this, but there aren't supposed to be side effects either. if i had to guess i would say the results of this growth factor would be similar to gh without the side effects and only one injection, period. but who knows what this stuff will cost.

deciever is offline Associate Member
    iread that article.. if that goes through and actualy happens, and i dont get it.. im gonna be pretty pissed....

GRIMM is offline Junior Member
    Cool shit , hey samoth, is that Bill Pearl in your Avatar?

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    HEY I know they're just testing this shit but is there anyway that you can NOT inject it. DAMNIT I pass out when I go to get blood tests but this shit sounds TOO GOOD to pass up.

Anyone know of any good hypnotists????, that will hypnotize you to say "needles are your friend" :-)

samoth is offline Member
    I kinda wonder what kinda 'unexpected effects' could be caused by any gene altering chemical. Although, I'm sure most of us would jump at the opportunity to get our hands on some regardless
    Yeah, GRIMM, that's Bill Pearl, hes got a great aesthetic physique, without the gram-of-test-and-20-ius-of-GH-a-day look.

BELLICOSE is offline Banned
    I've got one question:
    WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    Exactally!

GRIMM is offline Junior Member
    Samoth , ya he was a pretty good BB. He lives down the street from my aunt and uncle and i have met him a few times. I was gonna train with him over last christmas but he trains at like 4am and i was pretty busy. Maybe next year.

Thread Information