Cubanito17 is offline Member

Angry CAUTION: watch out for ovetraining grip

I've finally done it. Lately for my deadlifting I know for a fact b/c I've done it with straps that I can pull 500 BUT my biggest problem for the past 2-3 months has been my weak grip. So i've been training grip with pinching 25#plates(musclehead gave me this idea), single handed barbell holds and then heavy shrugs(GRIMM gave me this one), i've used captain crush grippers, PVC pipe forearm rolls, and the list goes on. Now I train my grip twice/week on a seperate workout with lats on leg days(tue,fri).

Well lately my grip has been hurting it turns out I wanted to get it checked out, WELL i thought it was it but didn't wanna skar myself and it was just that. I NOW have tendonitis in my left hand and its starting to develop in my right hand b/c i'm going through the same pains.

Now I talked to a PT(I know the female PT's must be a good meal ) in the gym and he told me there are a few things I can do train it, surgery, or like himself live with it.

Question: So for those of you that know about tendonitis how would I be able to train my grip so I can stil pull heavy(heavy to me)????

I would not want another injury to stop me

I felt kinda like a pussy saying bout the strap thing but it was a gym lift I was trying to see where my dead was and I got up to 435 with belt and wraps and I couldn't hold the bar anymore and I KNEW my legs were good for more. SO I busted out my old straps from when I used to powerclean and hang clean.

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    Have you ever tried the double overhand "hook" grip?

Ermantroudt

GRIMM is offline Junior Member
    There is no way that yoiu should have a problem with it. Your 17 man. I have my players pinch 45's after every training day and none of them have any problems. I'm not saying it doesn't hurt but here has got to be another reason. Back off on your grip work for a while and focus on heavy high rack pulls for time like 315 for 30 sec. Are you doing heavy Back work and not controlingthe wiehgt on the eccentric? Just a thought.

ERMAN I havn't tried it but I think I KNOW what your talkin bout.

GRIMM about the grip thing I think i'll just be doing grip work for a month when I shrug heavy or rack pull heavy and that will be my grip work for the week. And about the rack pulls 315 for 30 i'll try them after DE day FRI. I'm doing heavy back work on ME leg days but I control the weight.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm not sure about it not being tendonitis I mean MD's could be wrong and so can PT's. But that's 3 people thinking the same thing. With just me closing my hand it starts to shake when i try to make a fist. (wait til you hear about todays workout)

VDOP is offline New Member
    Cube-

You didnt say how often you use them, but try backing off the CoC grippers a little bit and see if that helps. I always ended up with pain from over using those.

just an idea..

VDOP I use them once every 3 weeks. i switch up at all times. see i used to train it twice/week. But i'ma go back to once a week on DE Leg days.

Thread Information