Cubanito17 is offline Member

10/22 ME SQ/DL day

Well today was my ME DL day. I wanted to see how much my grip could hold since i've been having problems with it. (really I was pissed off and wanted to pull or squat big weight and I did the squatting big weight'for me' last week so i went for a max dead in the gym). Went like this:

135X5
    225X5
    315X3
    365X3
    405X2

(after this I was beat, so I did all machine extra work)

Leg ext. 4X8X130(cable weight)
    seated leg curls 3X8X95(I find my hammies to be weak so I'll be doing extra supp work ALOT more for these)

Isolateral pull downs(whatever they're called)(the machine where you put your chest against a pad and can pull the weight down one arm at a time)
    (heavy day) 5X6X70(on each side, one handed) Can't think of what they're called
    ab pulldowns 3X10X130#
    hanging leg raises 3X10XBW( i was feeling a bit weaker in lower part)

For those that do not have a rev hyper(nor a ghetto rev hyper) you just have weights and machines what do you find is the best machine for hammies(i.e. steated leg curls, single seated leg curls, prone leg curls,etc etc etc)

GRIMM is offline Junior Member
    />
    A good sub for a glute ham is to kneel on a pad on the floor. Have someone hold your ankles. Keeping your back arced lower yourself slowly to the floor. Chances re you will get about half wa dwn and just fall due to week hams but when you get there you should b in a pushup position and yoiu should push yourself right back up just enough to get you started with aenough momentum togt you though the movenent. It works much better onthe way down. Very hrd

Jagermeister is offline Junior Member
    />

Jager

GRIMM "NO CHALK IN WELLNESS CENTER" so i'm screwed when it comes to that. I KNOW chalk makes you stronger(i like thinking this before someone ranks on me, SO leave it at that) and I wish I could use it but I KNOW my legs are good for more and i've had bigger pulls in the gym with wrist straps. I can't wait to get into a good NEW suit that actually fits me and see what I can do in that. About the kneel thing I know you told me this one time and I fell FLAT on my face so i'll try these again and be VERY careful.

Jager thanks man

anyone else with good hammie movements? I know zerchers really hit em but I can't do them everyday(it wouldn't be switchin up movments)

Jagermeister is offline Junior Member
    Cubanito17,

I would stop doing the hamstring curls, they are useless IMO, but If you feel that they are helping you keep doing 'em.

what works for me is high rep: RDL's, SLDL's, GM's, and Dimels.
    Jager

Jager
    RDL's=reverse deadlifts
    SLDL's=straight legged deads
    GM's=good mornings
    Dimels=????

I think I know what the rest of them are uppset for DIMMELs

Do you do these both on ME DL and SQ days or do you still use diff excercises??

More brief What are all the excercises you use on leg days?

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    GM's on ME dau, RDL's, Pull-thru's and Dimels for assistence work.

Let me rustle up a Dimel description....

Ermantroudt

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    A Dimel is a: Partial Deadlifts for high reps (about 15): Lower the bar very quickly and stop it just below the knees and quickly locking it out again. Use a shoulder width stance with a grip slightly wider; push gluts to rear as you lower the weight. Keep your back arched. Pull with the legs only. Use about 30% to 40% of your max deadlift.

Ermantroudt

ERMAN once again thanks bro. for the dimel description i'ma print it out along with the bench help you have me and switch up my workout for next few weeks.

Thread Information