powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member

Wanna share a new exercise i am doing!!

OK first off, for all you die hard gargage warriors who bad mouth commercial gyms and there equipment just move on. This thread isnt for you. Even though i competly wish i had a gym of my own. But if you have excess to Hammerstrength machines listen up!

I am looking for movement that will blast my tris without aggrevating my shoulder. So by chance i found my self waiting for a set of back sitting on a incline hammerstrength machine. So of course i am sitting there playinig with it and was doing it in a close grip to feel tri. And it hit me. I lowered the seat to wear the end of the handle is even with my shoulder. I may go even lower next time. But i grab the handles with my thumbs touching the outside. Very close grip. Then as you press squeeze yoru elbows in tight. It simulates a JM press 100%. BUt only zero shoulder movment. You dont have balance the bar. Man it fried my tris. I love them i went to a maxout set of 5 with 400lbs loaded

Now no way will this substitute any power movements. But for an accessory movment i woudl try it. YOu can load the hell out of it and have a partner help at the bottom and you lockout out as much as possible. If your open minded try it. If your mentality keeps your machoness from even sitting on an aperatis like this , well then ....dont try it!! I wouldnt even have wrote except i really think i found something. I get bored doing the same shit after my core movements. Dont you?

What kinda stuff do you guys n gals do after core?

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    Variety is the spice of life. Its always good to find something new

IrishPower is offline Junior Member
    your a pussy. i use the bow-flex.

lol

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I'll try that...

Another good one for Tri's that not too many do, and as a good finshing burn is Machine Kickbacks. Take the handle grip off the Machine Row and grap the cable with one hand. Saddle the bench like a typical Dumbell Tricep Kickback... but pull using the cable vs a dumbell. I do not "feel" the dumbell kick back as much as pulling against the cable (one place where I do like a machine). And you can do drop sets easily this way.

This movement does require a good amount of tricep strength and not too effective for a beginner since the load without any weight added can be challenging for some...

Shit i can try that too.

See i try the new things after my core and look for things to do instead of pushdowns.

Irish i new you had been toying with the bowflex. Have you made any PR's on it? That would explain your slender , sleek body!! LOL

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    ah, the bow-flex. Now we are starting to learn the real secrets

YOu want power do bowflex!!

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    Shit so that means I don't have to go in my closet and lift anymore and feel ashamed I can BUST OUT my BOWFLEX.

And then I'll be like that guy on the commercial that's been 41 for 3 years now!!!!

JAY is this the machine that's a hammerstrength Isolateral bench press. I can't really think of which one it is. I'm SURE I have it in my GYM it's a fuckin wellness center. 80% of equipment in their is Hammerstrength. I wanna try this out.

And about gettin bored after core work the only days that I get bored of it are on Leg days b/c I don't have much of a variety but for bench days I stil love the switchin up.

Its the hammerstrenght incline bench. You could probably do it on a flat one , but the incline simulates the JM press better.

Thread Information