Thread: Getting beat up

bigokie is offline Junior Member

Getting beat up

Does anybody ever have to cycle off bands on squat speed day? I went in today and just could not get my ass in gear using the bands. I normally work with 315-405 depending on what I feel like that day. Today I could only get singles with 315? I feel like I got beat on by someone. Speed sucked with 315 so I decided to go with free squats and work up to opener. That worked out okay. Got 585x2 and 495x5. So it ended up okay, but just wondering if you guys ever have to quit using bands during a squat cycle.

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    You should take time off bands all the time. Remember just b/c some use bands all the time doesn't mean that your body will be able to take it the same way. Most of the ones that use bands all the time are b/c of the time they've been lifting and b/c that's the only way they can make gains according to their body. (ex. halbert uses bands on 90% of what he does)(others would overtrain on bands doing that)

YOu can cycle bands. EX.
    week 1 use bands on DE bench and free weight squats
    week 2 use bands for DE squat and not for benching.
    week 3 use bands for ME bench and ME SQ/DL
    week 4 use bands for DE bench and ME SQ/DL(with diff movement)
    etc etc etc just switch it up.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    To put it plain in simple, yes! If i go into the gym and just do not have it in me to band up , i dont. I would rather have abetter workout then be slow and achy cause i think i have to use bands.

Tonight we did regular squats. No bands , no box. How bout dat??!!

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    Hey JAY you joined me tonight at heart. Well I did my workout in the afternoon but I used no bands, no boxes. I got lazy bout the setup and brining in shit to the gym, it's friday, right?!?!

GRIMM is offline Junior Member
    Ya, i jsut got finished with a three week deload phase of sorts. I was getting killed by the medium(green) bands on speed day so i droped the band tention to average and minis but kept the same wieght. I got the speed i was looking for and was able to work on my form a bit more. Now i'm going back to mediums. It was a must needed break.

Cool.. That's what I wanted to hear!! I was going in planning on hitting bl + gr with 315. Didn't work out that way at all, that's why I hit the free weight squats. Worked out good in the end, worked up to opener and had some left in the tank. Hurt my elbows, but what the hell? No big deal.

Thanks guys, that is what I was hoping to hear

IrishPower is offline Junior Member
    chains are a nice way to add some resistance without torching yourself with bands.

Irish, got one set and am working on getting more. Problem is around here there aren't many shipyards. And the damn shipping is almost more than the chains themselves. Gonna get some more soon. THanks

Thread Information