biglifter is offline New Member

Big bench in the 242's today.

I went and watched a bench meet in West Palm Beach, FL today and watched some guy smoke a 625 bench in the 242lb weight class. It was most impressive. I have only been to a few meets and I had never seen shirts used this way, but it was just awesome. He was a super nice guy too, very humble and cool to everyone.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    What was his name? Dam i better get crackin. I did 625 @242 in Sept and thought that would clear me from any up in comers for awhile! Thats cool though. Florida is fast becoming the place to be.

GRIMM is offline Junior Member
    Damn Jay, you better get your shit together. Now you have another good reason to train for 700.

Congrats to whomever it was.

I bet i know who it was. Brad Kelly. I fogot about him. he is th eguy that wants to bench 700 drug free. But it may not be him. Cause he is supposed to be in the Bench bash for cash. Maybe this was a tuneup. Either way i have no worries. When my shoulder heals i am gonna go nuts and destroy everything i lay under!!

bobjr is offline New Member
    The lift was actually 628 and done by Rich Meyers.

Bob

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    RICH MYERS DID 628,

I thought just at your last meet he did like 550. HOLY SHIT. That was in AUGUST 2 1/2 months later busts this out.

Bob good to have you on here. I couldn't make the meet due to term papers. When's your next one since your the closest meet director to me, AND you were the first to help me. Are any of your meets sanctioned?

Richie has been working very hard and deserves a lot of credit. He has also put together a real strong group up there to train with and push him.

Our next meet will most likely be in April of 2003. It will probably be a push/pull meet. The meet will not be sanctioned. Sanctioning fees are hard right now as we still have not yet covered the expenses we have incurred for the bench, weights, and bars. I also have to pay the school a decent fee for the gym. Then there is the janitor we have to pay a full days salary even though he does 20 minutes worth of work.

Dam!! I called Richie a little while ago to congradulate him and he wasnt there , but that is incredable. Man Rickie does deserve it. He trains so hard and has had some injuries that have set him back some.

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    BOB I know talking to Rich daniels(when he was round, dunno where's hes' been lately) that RICHIE works hard b/c he told me he trains with him and 550+ SHOULDA gone up at your meet.

I can't wait til that APRIL meet. PUlling is my thing if I can get my fuckin grip to work right. I'll be at that one.

Sorry to hear bout the expenses. Why can't you guys just clean up so you don't have to pay the janitor???

The janitor is required by the school board.

Thread Information