john martinez is offline New Member

speed day(IPA Nationals closeing in)

Okay, this is for cubanito17 from my last post of Max effort 5 board verses rack lockouts. My best 5 board was 600(awhile ago) and just started rack lockouts so I really don't know my 5 board yet. I would say both are the same though.
    185x3x3 w/chains
    195x3x3 w/chains
    205x3x3 w/chains On all these I tried to throw the bar forward and have notice more speed.
    75x4x8 lying db extensions
    single arm rows
    db cleans
    done!
    P.S.- have noticed since I have cut out band work shoulders feel a heck of a lot better. I would wave them in a 4 week pattern with chains for 4 weeks. I think for me it will be better to do straight weight then chains.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Gettin close John. Man your gonna rock! what do you plan on opening with? And whats the date on that meet? Mid Nov right? Your definilty close.

john martinez is offline New Member
    Hey jay! I plan on opening with 550 then go 600+. The date is 17th of Nov. Hey dude you have to get going to stay on top! I know you can do it! it's a matter of when. Train your ass off!!! I wish I had something to say to you to get that big number. You've helped me alot by shareing your routine and just all around advise. Thanks

k1401 is offline Junior Member
    john check you PM's!!!!!!!

good job by the way!

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    Thanks john and way to go on the training bro.

I'll have to go for my best OR close to best 5 board for a triple tomm after DE bench.

Well i know you will get 600 this meet. Taking it on a 2nd is smart. That way incase of a mis groove or anything you got 2 stabbs at it.

Man let me tell you something. You or no one really truly knows the extent of my injuries over the last year and a half. They get worse each time. Same shoulder. My left shoulder has, at this point, set me back at least a year. After injury nunmbr 1 i went back from 550 to 520 back up to 585. Then at the bench bash "Bam" rotator. IN sept of 2001 i was benching 405 for a couple, after time off and rehab. Slowly gettin back. Pain was brutal till Feb- March of this year. Then in June my bicep tendon falls out of its home! I got lucky in Sept but before that and since then i cannot lockout my left arm with 550lbs. So here we are at the present. Will it hold up? Whats next? If i can totally get well i will fuckin explode all over the place!! In june i hit 700 off a 2bd with my shirt. Did the meet and one week later it goes. I couldnt lockout 315 for weeks. But one thing i can say is nothing like above will happen again. All but my first injury was cause by shirt accidents. I have since found out why and fixed that. My shirt will never cause me any problems again. Sorry to take this thread over but just lettin you know i am workin hard. And i will bench big in the next year.

Keep training hard man and your numbers will fall!!

DAMN JAY 700 2brd FUCKIN AWESOME.

I can't wait to see you hit that in a meet. YOU KNOW i'll have to brag to the fuckin eveyrone includin takin pics of us and sellin them.

And pics of your 700bench ESPECIALLY if it's in the 220's.

Dude the only way i will see 220 will be in a bodybuilding show. Which may be in the next year or so. I am seriously playing with this. I will always powerlift, but i wanna open my mind and explore other options with weights and my body and what it can do.

The 700lb board press was seen by Freak and Jimmie Dean. That was my strongest day i ever had in my life. I was 3 weeks out from the June full power meet. Then the following day i squatted 805. After that my forearms and shoulders ached so bad i could barely train. That kind of shit that close to a meet (bench heavy and squat heavy) in the same week will never happen again. See i am getting smarter. I am still learning like everyone else. Going balls to the wall ALL the time will boost your ego in the gym but you will overtrain and suffer in the meet. So head my warning. Dont max squat and bench two days in a row!!

Thanks for the advice jay, TRUST ME I believe you did those weights but I mean DAMN. Have you ever thought about the month before the meet not going so heavy and seeing if you can hit those numbers in the meet.

You do sooo many of them u can try things out.

Thread Information