Thread: Bench Shirt

SWOLL UP is offline Associate Member

Bench Shirt

Hi,

I am starting to seriously get into powerlifting. I am considering buying a BP shirt soon but I don't know which I should get. This will be my first shirt and I want one with an open back because I don't want to have to try to slide it over my head because I am a pretty big guy (6'1 290lbs.) I would rather have something that will fit over me easier.

Thanks

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Go denim velcro back. Inzers number is 1800-222-6897. They can help you size it and give you a price on single or double ply denim. Do your measuring relaxed and order exact.

For a poly , they can give you more info then i can. Or check out

www.monstermuscle.com They have shirts too but i would odrer direct form Inzer myself. But this way you can see them.

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    For a denim shirt, I am going to have to reccommed Karen Kline, faster service and a better shirt.

Karen Kline (Denim Shirts and Suits): 7455 Mt. Vernon Road OH 43071 Home Phone: 740-745-5488 Toll Free: 1-866-255-7068

Ermantroudt

Shirt

Ok...I was thinking about trying the denim. I was watching a video of Ryan Kennelly benching the 780...and I think he had the denim on...but it looked like his arms were not so tight from the sleeves like I see others...what kind of shirt is this? Also I was reading a bit on the Inzer Phenom shirt and wondering if that would be a good one for me? My last question is, if I do get a Denim does it have to be a double?

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Ryan wears 2x denim open back in that clip. I use the same. Not good for a begginer though. Get velcro back but closed neck. YOu can get single ply if you want. Everyone sizes there shirts differently. Karins sleeves are pretty loose. I have both and liek Inzers better personally. But others like Karins so its up to you really. The Phenom is poly i am sure its the best poly out there. Probably makes there old polys obsolite. Butu its nto denim. And bottom line is denim is the best!!

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    I second that recommendation on the Karin shirt. Inzers are nice, but the service is slower, unless you are sponsored

If you go with denim, get a double. Singles blow pretty easy. The bad thing about denim is sizing. They are sometime difficult to get sized right. Changes in bodyweight really affect this.

Give Karin a call at 1-866-255-7068. Tell her chad thomas referred you. The average wait to get a shirt is about 10 days.

Her measurements are a little more specific. You need the following measurements:

chest
    shoulder
    upper arm
    lower arm (or forearm, give her the bigger number)
    back neck to elbow
    back to butt
    mid chest/chest plate

bigokie is offline Junior Member
    Well, even though it is taking a while to get my inzer back, I would still have to go with them. There material seems to be much better than Karins. The only problem I've had with inzer is getting one to fit right, but that's just because I haven't ordered from them very much.

My second suggestion would be Frantz. There turnaround is the quickest of any of them, and there prices are the best of any of them. Plus there material is very strong.

I'm not badmouthing any of them by any means, just my opinion.

I'd have to say Karins turnaround is quicker. I can call and have a shirt on my doorstep in 48 hours.

I dont think the Inzer denim is any better material. I will say the design of the shirts is different, and the stress points are different.

The prices are actually pretty much all the same, within 10 bucks of each other. Inzers can get expensive with modifcations. Frantz and Karins are pretty cheap on mods.

Another good, non-denm shirt is the Titan Fury. 70 bucks isnt bad at all, and these things work pretty good.

Titan Fury

I am thinking maybe I should try the Titan Fury before I get a denim because it will be my first shirt...I plan on going for a max in about 7 weeks and I think I could just get the Denim around X-mas time....what you all think?

Titan Fury = $85
    Frantz Open Back = $115
    Karins = $150
    Inzer Open Neck = $190

My Frantz came in 3 days. The Inzer took 3.5 weeks. My Titan took 5 weeks. I have personnally never ordered a Karins but they told me 2 weeks when I called and talked with them.

The Titan is a nice shirt, I have two. One that fits good and one that I am probably gonna cut the back and make into a training shirt. My Frantz so far is my favorite. The Inzer I am having trouble getting fit right, but I am sure once I get it right it will become my favorite. The Fury is much better than a normal poly but it still is slightly uncomfortable to wear.

Good luck and if your planning on competing soon, be sure to plan a lot of workouts before the meet in the shirt.

raw12 is offline Associate Member
    i bought a single poly and never got a lift in it . i was 4 weeks out from the apa national and still have not made a lift i try 275 and still could not make a lift i could bench 300+ raw.now at the nationals i finsh with 315 and that was my first time making a lift so i would buy something thats not a single from inzer

The Frantz double denim with velcro is 150, Karins is 155, Inzer is 165.
    Inzer is no longer suppose to be charging the 25 dollar custom fee for open backs.

Swoll the Fury would be a good choice. Less of a learning curve. I PM'd you a place to get these for 70 bucks, and they ship in 48hrs.

Damn! Inzer dropped there charge! I bet they did that right after I got mine. Oh well. The Fury would be a good choice for a first shirt. Good luck!

Thread Information