BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

A bit of chain confusion

Okay, regarding the use of chains, are they most efficiently used on ME or DE days...or should it/they be 'mixed up' a bit? Perhaps it is the case that they are only to be used exclusively on one of those days, though it may just be such general knowledge that my search isn't turning up an answer to it. Sorry if this is a no-brainer question, but all searched turn up far more detailed answers, with none really addressing whether or not they can be utilized on both days, or which day the "belong". THanks

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    They (bands and chains) can used for Max Effort, Dynamic, and assistence work too.

Ermantroudt

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    Well it started off just on DE days. BUT remember bro nothing's written in stone so just switch em up as long as you don't overtrain on them.

You can use bands on DE day and then chains on ME day OR the best way to not overtrain over a 4 week period week 1 DE bench bands ME no contrast week 2 DE bench no contrast ME chains week 3 DE bench chains ME no contrast week 4 DE no contrast ME bands.

That's just an example but hopefully it'll help you understand. On the days that you don't use bands u can use them for supp work. Like a mini behind the back for tate presses (I love these).

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I'll be eschewing bands for this routine (the westside nine week beginner routine) but adding chains (though the program doesn't call for them)....I was hoping to mix it up and am glad to hear that these training aids can be utilized on both days. And, cubanito, thanks for the advice on overtraining (or NOT overtraining as the case might be) - I think i may have tended to get overly excited about their use and gone overboard.

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    YEA BRO I feel ya when I first got my bands shit I used them on supp work on DE day and ME bench day THEN had to take a week off of benching b/c my elbows and ALL joints were killin me. SO if I can prevent it for someone else like others have for me....why not.

Thread Information